Drug Testing Welfare Recipients. Agree?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
At first I felt more live and let live, but after a little thought I'm for tighter controls on the government cheese. There are other areas I would start looking to make cuts, though. Welfare programs are low-hanging fruit but I doubt the cumulative total for expenditures even comes close to the level of other forms of fluff and waste. At least the money is going to folks with legitimate need and the under-average Joe, rather into another tax shelter.

At first I felt more live and let live, but after a little thought I'm for tighter controls on the government cheese. There are other areas I would start looking to make cuts, though. Welfare programs are low-hanging fruit but I doubt the cumulative total for expenditures even comes close to the level of other forms of fluff and waste. At least the money is going to folks with legitimate need and the under-average Joe, rather into another tax shelter.

what country do you live in?

i know its few and far between but have you not seen people use a lone star card (tx welfair card ) to buy food , good food , steak ex and then pull a big roll of money out to pay for the beer and cigs?

with a iphone to the ear and new kicks on thier feet ! then roll out and get in a chrysler 300 ?

not all the poeple that are getting our money are people who need it , this is what these laws are trying to help with , weed out the people cheating the system,

i do agree that ther are a # of other places in our gov that they can cut back , the fluff as you call it but i do think this is a good thing ,, if your getting anything free from our gov, you should piss for it !

and if its unconsatutional , why do i have to piss to get a job ,its not randome its a requirment for emplyment ! then after that its random!

i say piss or get off the pot !

sorry for any spelling !:whistle:

Sometimes people need to take drugs to deal with their miserable existance. But let's not stop there ..let's drug test the very legislators that are proposing the law starting with governor Scott. Scott is in the drug business. He wants you to buy drugs from his facilities. I'm sure he owns quite a few drug testing facilities in the area. Oh my bad he transfered all that ownership to his wife.

Ever notice how many drug commercials there are on TV. Let's not do illicit drugs but the Big Drug dealers the drug companys, are free to advertise on TV. ask your doctor about this or that.. give me a break. One of the biggest drugs is ALCOHOL. I'm sure a few legisators partake on a regular basis.
E

I whole-heartily agree! This should be enacted in all states.

Charles, I love your comments:
anything free from our gov, you should piss for it !
and
piss or get off the pot !:rofl:

Bob

the gravy train should be for the people that really have a need. If they need it then there should be no objection to give in order to get.

and cigarette smokers shouldn't get anything. :laugh:

+1 one the alcohol. And you dang right they should be tinkle testing them. The should also make them make jobs contacts like the unemployment people do.

sent from G2 via tapatalk.

Is Gov. Scott

Florida is trying or has passed a bill for all welfare recipients to take a drug test prior to receiving their welfare. I agree with this. For the many that will probably pop for drugs, the drug tests will more than pay for themselves in saved money.

Edit: Florida did pass it last Tueday. The bill is being deemed unconstitutional by some... Probably liberals :whistle:
Some say new welfare drug testing bill is unconstitutional

Hell yeah!!!!! I pee in a cup to get my money from the Gov (Army)! So they should have to pee in a cup to get their money from the Gov, which is when you really look at it MY money as well!!! So they should have to pee TWICE!!!

+1 For me, every contract i accept in the private sector I have to pee in a cup. Even if it's a company I've contracted with in the past.
Hell yeah!!!!! I pee in a cup to get my money from the Gov (Army)! So they should have to pee in a cup to get their money from the Gov, which is when you really look at it MY money as well!!! So they should have to pee TWICE!!!

I agree with this :thumbsup:

But I also think weed should be legalized for medicinal purposes, sometimes people forget that weed does have a medicinal value to some and some people with those medicinal needs still use it even though it's illegal.

I don't think there is medicinal need for crack.:laugh:

what country do you live in?

i know its few and far between but have you not seen people use a lone star card (tx welfair card ) to buy food , good food , steak ex and then pull a big roll of money out to pay for the beer and cigs?

with a iphone to the ear and new kicks on thier feet ! then roll out and get in a chrysler 300 ?

not all the poeple that are getting our money are people who need it , this is what these laws are trying to help with , weed out the people cheating the system,

i do agree that ther are a # of other places in our gov that they can cut back , the fluff as you call it but i do think this is a good thing ,, if your getting anything free from our gov, you should piss for it !

and if its unconsatutional , why do i have to piss to get a job ,its not randome its a requirment for emplyment ! then after that its random!

i say piss or get off the pot !

sorry for any spelling !:whistle:

I grew up in Southern WV and, although we didn't need it, I've seen those who did benefit from it in reasonable and proper ways. Any system with poor controls will be abused by those with such proclivities

Read my post again. I'm not completely opposed to the testing, and I did acknowledge that the system is abused. But as a compassionate person, I don't necessarily want to see kids starving because Momma has an Oxy habit. I'm in favor of more stringent OVERALL controls on the program, not just slapping a piss-test band-aid on it because of this whole "if I have to pee in a cup to work, you have to pee in a cup not to" mentality. It's good bumper sticker banter, but it sucks as a philosophy. It is my opinion that morality legislation is hard to fit over issues containing vast swaths of grey area, and it is for that reason that I oppose most morality-based legislation.

For what it's worth, the "under-average Joe" I referred to was the globalized abuser of the system. Sure it sucks that he gets a slice of the pie, but I'd rather it be somebody down the street than somebody in the mansion on the hill.

I grew up in Southern WV and, although we didn't need it, I've seen those who did benefit from it in reasonable and proper ways. Any system with poor controls will be abused by those with such proclivities

Read my post again. I'm not completely opposed to the testing, and I did acknowledge that the system is abused. But as a compassionate person, I don't necessarily want to see kids starving because Momma has an Oxy habit. I'm in favor of more stringent OVERALL controls on the program, not just slapping a piss-test band-aid on it because of this whole "if I have to pee in a cup to work, you have to pee in a cup not to" mentality. It's good bumper sticker banter, but it sucks as a philosophy. It is my opinion that morality legislation is hard to fit over issues containing vast swaths of grey area, and it is for that reason that I oppose most morality-based legislation.

For what it's worth, the "under-average Joe" I referred to was the globalized abuser of the system. Sure it sucks that he gets a slice of the pie, but I'd rather it be somebody down the street than somebody in the mansion on the hill.

sorry i did read the post , i was not trying to come off as if you where agenst it, just explaining that its to help the ones who do need it ,, i see your point got it sorry

our government is far from perf and i think they should make cuts a little higher up but maybe there is a better way but i do think this is a start ,,

i get what your saying about the rich getting richer or the law makers makeing laws that benifit them,, i think it sucks ,

" hey i own a drug testing comp, lets pass a law that all welfair rec have to pee for money "

i get it , should be laws on that as well ,, things are screwed up in our country , problem is that all the people we vote in are more in line for money than to get our country on the strait and nerow !

this can go on for ever , i dont know everything, im a plant mech , father of 2 and husband of 1, lost 2 kids in my life and i like to think i pay enough att to the news and what i can find online , hopeing its true ,, to make a cont undertanding of what is going on and what i think may help fix it so when i see these laws i tend to think they are good , and tell you the truth we will never know till they get passed and we start to see pros and cons of each law,,

any how thanks for the input i do unerstand id i hope this law helps more than it herts !

sorry i did read the post , i was not trying to come off as if you where agenst it, just explaining that its to help the ones who do need it ,, i see your point got it sorry

our government is far from perf and i think they should make cuts a little higher up but maybe there is a better way but i do think this is a start ,,

i get what your saying about the rich getting richer or the law makers makeing laws that benifit them,, i think it sucks ,

" hey i own a drug testing comp, lets pass a law that all welfair rec have to pee for money "

i get it , should be laws on that as well ,, things are screwed up in our country , problem is that all the people we vote in are more in line for money than to get our country on the strait and nerow !

this can go on for ever , i dont know everything, im a plant mech , father of 2 and husband of 1, lost 2 kids in my life and i like to think i pay enough att to the news and what i can find online , hopeing its true ,, to make a cont undertanding of what is going on and what i think may help fix it so when i see these laws i tend to think they are good , and tell you the truth we will never know till they get passed and we start to see pros and cons of each law,,

any how thanks for the input i do unerstand id i hope this law helps more than it herts !

Ride safe and enjoy the warm months ahead of us. :) The news on the tube will make you nuts, I swear.

I say they should not only pee but have regular scheduled visits to their homes to see where the money they get elsewhere actually goes. Case in point and as other poster says.
I'm in Publix getting groceries that I as a father of two can barely afford. Person in front has nice clothes, nice jewelry, iPhone 4 and brand new high dollar sneakers. Then they whip out an EBT (foodstamp) card to pay for the food? Pissed me off.
So yes let's go to their house and count the hd tvs, see the escalade with 22s on it parked out front and collect a urine sample right there in the home! Bleeding me dry they are on their lifestyles. I could really use the $750 a month food assistance that I know many who get. I'm paying for their food so they can buy material things. It's not right at all.

YES! throw alcohol and tobacco on the roster as well. do as i do and earn your money for the finer things in life. i wish this would be a nationwide standard because i am sick of these leeches doing what they do best, nothing! granted, there are the 1% that do need welfare but should have no issue getting back on there feet within a couple of years.

I strongly disagree with this. You shouldn't deny welfare to someone just because they're involved with illegal activities. Next you're going to say we should imprison people who break the law.

the gravy train should be for the people that really have a need. If they need it then there should be no objection to give in order to get.

and cigarette smokers shouldn't get anything. :laugh:

Agreed. Although, there s/b NO "gravy train", only enough biscuits and water to help you get through. (But I'm guessin' that's whatcha meant). :beerchug:

I say they should not only pee but have regular scheduled visits to their homes to see where the money they get elsewhere actually goes. Case in point and as other poster says.
I'm in Publix getting groceries that I as a father of two can barely afford. Person in front has nice clothes, nice jewelry, iPhone 4 and brand new high dollar sneakers. Then they whip out an EBT (foodstamp) card to pay for the food? Pissed me off.
So yes let's go to their house and count the hd tvs, see the escalade with 22s on it parked out front and collect a urine sample right there in the home! Bleeding me dry they are on their lifestyles. I could really use the $750 a month food assistance that I know many who get. I'm paying for their food so they can buy material things. It's not right at all.

EFF THAT! If they've got an Escalade in the drive, YANK their welfare RIGHT A W A Y! ON THE SPOT! As in IMMEDIATELY!

Welfare is there to help those in need, not to increase the riches of those who don't need. If you've got an Escalade, sell the thing and live of the proceeds. If you're only leasing it, well, return it and live off the money you USED to spend on Escalade payments. Whatever they do, they shouldn't be living better thanks to you and me paying their bills so they can buy luxuries while we struggle to pay our own bills.

Back