Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients

Should welfare recipients be tested for drugs?

• 1. Yep, if you ask for money we won't finance your habit.

Votes: 106 93.0%
  • It would discourage the people who need it most (I've heard this on CNN).

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i must agree. i have to work to support my family. In order for me to be able to get and stayed employed, i must submit to a drug test in order to recieve money that i am willing to work for. (i have no problem with this). Some of that money goes to help those who are without jobs and for many government funded programs. I have no problem with this either if they are truly "in need". Ie a person has lost thier job for ecenomic reasons, health reasons etc.. On the other hand, in my daily job i see people who have no desire to even attempt to get a job. They are content laying around and waiting for the government to support them. Some even use there medicaid to "doctor shop" and get free pills, oxy, lortab, percs. and so on, then the sell them for cash. This is one of our major problems for my agency and many other law enforcement agencies. That pisses me off. So i say if they are going to test me for putting forth the effort to work, then why not test those that claim to need assistance. Only seems fair. My .02

I say that if they get welfare, have them clean gutters in streets or do other jobs nobody else wants. 1) it provides a service, so our money isnt completely wasted and 2) it motivastes them to get off welfare, which should be the goal in the first place.

Also, they should be required to be on birth control. If you cant afford to live on your own, you shouldnt expect me to finance more kids for you. Those who want kids and work but cant afford them shouldnt have to pay for people who cant afford kids.

Test them make them pay for the test if they fail go to jail do not pass go do not drive a car more expensive than mine. JMO

I say yes to this one. If you expect free money, you can't spend it on drugs.
Normally, I would be opposed to testing in the work place. If you can't tell I'm on drugs without testing me, then where is the problem. Maybe for people like bus and train drivers.

what about guys like me hauling gas?

image003.jpg

Dont worry dude im subject 2 random,,Im clean.

The only reason I disagree with you what if mom or pop do dope.+ THey have kids the kids might suffer due to the lack of funds.I dont know its a tough call.

I know exactly what that guy did.he went off road freaked and yanked it back on load shifted or in his case splashed rolled over.You slip off stay off less going mow a person.

Anyway if its not a suprvised drug test wasting time they sell lots stuff 2 beat them or fake them

Last edited:
If they are "doing dope" they shouldn't have kids. If the kids suffer due to lack of funds, take the kids. There are plenty of people that would adopt them and give them a better life and a better chance at a successful life

I like that idea; we have a drug-free company with random 'checks' and if you fail, it's immediate termination. If you want money from the government, you should have to pass the same tests I have to pass...

My employer and I think it's Cali state law, if you say before the test you won't pass it they can't terminate you. They have to offer a treatment program. Then they can test you at their whim after that. Get caught the second time you get canned.

Oh and by having them WORK for it, they are subject to labor laws, disability, workers comp etc and you know how that's going to go............... On welfare plus WC or SDI and making even more money.

Last edited:
they can take the test on their way to their community service jobs... you want my tax dollars? pick up cigarette butts, fix pot holes and do something our community needs..

no free rides....

I totally agree! I am subject to random drug testing in order to obtain/keep my job.

It's kinda disappointing to read the turnout on this
Here are my reasons
1) I am a plumber, Had 4 years of schooling and make 18$ an hour right now. I smoke herb occasionaly.
2) I have 4 kids and a wife with a sciatica problem and crushed vert in her back.
3) I do not make enough money to pay for formula and all my bills on my income.
So Do the facts that I stated mean we shouldn't get any help!! I dont pay for herbs, I work as if not harder than most people out there!
I respect my wife for raising 4 kids while I put in 50 hours a week! You make it seem like welfare is scum. I and my wife worked our asses off for what we have I have paid taxes for 12 of the 28 yrs ive been alive! If we need a little help to get by at this point does that mean because I smoked a joint I should be ineligible? Get a Life!!!1

Good for you. I don't agree that all welfare recipients are scum. Yeah alot of them abuse it but alot of people need it as well. We are on it temp, until my wife is through physical therapy.

Good for you. I don't agree that all welfare recipients are scum. Yeah alot of them abuse it but alot of people need it as well. We are on it temp, until my wife is through physical therapy.

I honestly see nothing wrong with that. But you actually work for a living. The scum that cant even get out and at least do community service dont deserve it. Hmmm, prolly would give your wife more benefits and make them easier to get.

Now ur talkin brother. I honestly felt like **** when i had to apply but I had no choice. I work my ass off drive 115 miles a day to work because there is no work around where I live and I can't get side work to save my life!

Hmmm,let me see. Free Housing,Free Health Care,Free Food all paid for by tax payers= Welfare. So I guess that opens the door on State Governors,Congressmen,Senators and the President

Hmmm,let me see. Free Housing,Free Health Care,Free Food all paid for by tax payers= Welfare. So I guess that opens the door on State Governors,Congressmen,Senators and the President

..there ya go...all government employees, by an outside firm.

Whgy not make them got to school and at least a GED, for those that do not have a GED?
Clean up on the side of the roads, clean graffitti, clean trails, do something to get paid, I have to.

Now ur talkin brother. I honestly felt like **** when i had to apply but I had no choice. I work my ass off drive 115 miles a day to work because there is no work around where I live and I can't get side work to save my life!

Props to you for trying. That's the mark of a good husband/father.

I think Sam was referring to the countless others that are moochers and aren't lifting a finger to better their situation.

Gov't assistance should be a temporary solution for those who temporarily need it, like you. It should not be an embarrassment to ask for help. That's why you paid taxes into the system. I suspect as soon as you and/or your wife are able you will stop receiving that assistance and be self-sustaining again. If, God forbid, she is unable to work again, there is disability. Again, you're still paying taxes to support that and I'm OK paying my taxes for it too.

Thank you for being an honest person and working. Now then, about that illegal substance abuse...it'll make your peepee shrink, stop doing it :moon:

Props to you for trying. That's the mark of a good husband/father.

I think Sam was referring to the countless others that are moochers and aren't lifting a finger to better their situation.

Gov't assistance should be a temporary solution for those who temporarily need it, like you. It should not be an embarrassment to ask for help. That's why you paid taxes into the system. I suspect as soon as you and/or your wife are able you will stop receiving that assistance and be self-sustaining again. If, God forbid, she is unable to work again, there is disability. Again, you're still paying taxes to support that and I'm OK paying my taxes for it too.

Thank you for being an honest person and working. Now then, about that illegal substance abuse...it'll make your peepee shrink, stop doing it :moon:

Exactly.:thumbsup:

Oh Come on Folks...........This is a NO BRAINER !!!!!!!

We are TALKIN about WELFARE !!!!!!!!!

That is FREE MONEY to HELP you....................SAY AGAIN..........HELP YOU.........Get back on your Feet. This is NOT A WAY OF LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the **** Would you Smoke Weed if you DON'T HAVE A JOB :peoples:

Back