Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients

Should welfare recipients be tested for drugs?

• 1. Yep, if you ask for money we won't finance your habit.

Votes: 106 93.0%
  • It would discourage the people who need it most (I've heard this on CNN).

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I say yes to this one. If you expect free money, you can't spend it on drugs.
Normally, I would be opposed to testing in the work place. If you can't tell I'm on drugs without testing me, then where is the problem. Maybe for people like bus and train drivers.

Maybe we could just lower the amount you get and people will find work the good old fashion way.. Out of neccesity.

They can have the money provided they prove thay are clean...most jobs now pre-employment / random test...so if your dirty...how do you expect to get a job anyways?

I am up for the idea but think it would work better if it was a "random" drug testing scenario.

I would say to none of the above because the government takes some of your rights away as a citizen the minute you get federal assistance from them. That is why it is best to just say NO!:moon:

What will drug testing do a real freeloader will find a way
Around that to.
Posted via Mobile Device

Make them take the test, if they pass, we pay for it ...we will anyways, if they fail, they pay. If they don't pay, they don't get another opportunity to receive help.

You can't teach them when they don't want to learn.

I agree with this. I have a sister who is a real con artist. We are all paying for her to lay on a couch and take Oxycontin until she goes into a stupor. Food stamps, medicaid, the works.

Make them take the test, if they pass, we pay for it ...we will anyways, if they fail, they pay. If they don't pay, they don't get another opportunity to receive help.

I like that idea; we have a drug-free company with random 'checks' and if you fail, it's immediate termination. If you want money from the government, you should have to pass the same tests I have to pass...

they can take the test on their way to their community service jobs... you want my tax dollars? pick up cigarette butts, fix pot holes and do something our community needs..

no free rides....

I voted yes. If I can take a random test on my job which takes out tax (Money) to support you,. You should take the same test I have to take.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heck yeah, i bust my azz everyday 50hrs a week to get a pay check, they need to test some of these people that are to lazy to get out the door and get a real job instead SOME want to blow it on drugs and liquor istead of feeding the 5 kids they have from diffrent dads. I guess i watch to much T.V.:laugh:

You can't teach them when they don't want to learn.

if they will not fish they shall not eat .... fug em, the whole system needs to be work fare, they should get supplimental income for a period of time. It should start off with a level that will help them survive with basics only and scale down from there over the time period. For example: minimum cost of living in city X is 1000/month. First time period they get that while they find a new job. From then forward they scale things back until at whatever the maximum time frame is, they end with getting barely any money and only WIC/Foodstamp assistance. The program should not be used to pay for unnecssary shid like cable/sat tv, internet access, trips, drugs, etc

And hells yes they should be tested for everything under the sun for federal money. If they are users, toss em into rehab. If they have a communicable disease, put them on a treatment program. Help them as they need but where they have to meet objectives to get the monetary relief. I'd even vote to have the program changed to submit expenses for the cash. Let someone audit where the money is spent. No different than anyone here that does expense reports for work...that would certainly cut down on things and focus the money for what its meant for.

Absolutely they should be tested. They fail, they lose their help. Screw it, we should do away with welfare altogether for people that dont do some type of community service.

and hookers

Back