Dropping the front

wera269

Registered
I was going to use 2 flat washers stacked to raise the upper clamp cover to drop the forks 6mm. I also read somewhere you can drop the forks 4mm without doing anything. This is a total of 10mm. Has anyone done this? How much of a difference did it make? I like the way the bike rides now, with a real neutral feel but I just want it to tun in a little better. I know I could raise the rear with some dog bones or with the washers from Traxxion Dynamics but I really like the stock height in the rear so I would rather play with the front. I really dont think the 10 mm will make that much difference with fairing clearance. Any opinions?

Thanks
Jason

Raising the rear is better.

2 problems with lowering the front for twisties;
1)fender clearance
2)more importantly ground clearance

If you lower the front and you lean it all the way over, you're going to scrape fairing.

I guess I could use shorter dog bones in the rear. I have adjustable dog bones on the bike now. The last owner had it lowered and I adjusted back to stock. How much shorter than stock should I shoot for. I could probably do a little work on the adjustable ones to shorten them up even more.

I had a set of shorter dog bones made for the rear, cost me about 15 dollars in part & time, they are just about 3/8 inch shorter than stock.......world of differnce in handling. don't lower the front, or you'll have clearence problems in the tight turns( ie really leaned over). worked for me maybe you'll like it!

You work for Kevin Hunt.........cool. I have had a few bikes with motors done by KWS. My buddy just bought Lee Acrees superbike from last year. Man that thing is a rocket.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PM-17-Raising-links-1-inch-Hayabusa-GSXR-1300_W0QQitemZ4616298689QQcategoryZ35592QQssPageN
ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">These are the links I bought, made a huge difference. Promachining makes them. If you email them, maybe thyey'll give you the measurement to raise the rear 1". If not, pm me and I'll measure mine
wink.gif
</a>

Thanks for the advice guys. The more I ride it the easier it is to steer. Guess my 200 lbs helps as well but this thing really doesn't turn it that bad. I have a Ducati with full Ohlins suspenion and it's not that far off it as far as how it turns in, granted I don't ride the Hayabusa as hard but it really doesn't handle bad for it's size once you get going. It just requires getting off the bike a little more. It handles steering inputs well and holds a pretty good line. How is the bike with 180 vs 190. I just read about the new Metzler M3 in the new Road Racing World and they say they make a 190 that feels like the 180 as far as handling go. I think it might be my next street tire.

I got the dogbones for the rear from Schnitz and besides a bit more weight on your wrists... I LOVE it...

I agree that lowering the front is asking for troubles

Back