Dropping bike off for mods tomorrow

Ampz

Registered
I'm getting exhaust and pc installed, some leds, bmc air filter, I have roaringtoyz 5 hole lowering links for back and I'm going to get the front lowered. Gonna get some frame sliders and I'm waiting on a windscreen which I'll install myself. I also am sending my seats to lee from newimage once this is all done. I have a couple of questions.

How much should I have it lowered? I know a lot of links are only 3 hole and this has 5 so what do you guys suggest?

And is there anything else I should get done while it's in there? Budget like an extra 500 or so other than what I'm having done now.

Thanks for any input

Forgot to mention I have buell peg mod being done for front and am also replacing passenger pegs.

What exhaust? Who is tuning it?

What are your plans for the bike?

Personally I wouldn't lower it at all for the street but if you are headed to the 1/4-mile then that would depend on other things...

Brock's short meg. My bike shop will do the work, they are really good and did all of the work on my 600. I was going to lower it for street just for looks. I realize it can make turning more difficult but that's why I planned to lower both ends.

My overall plans with the bike is to keep it street, loud, fast, and nice looking as I can without really hindering steering.

Thanks for answering busa. Hope to hear some more input from you

I don't know what my next aim should be after this, maybe front brake tackle? Get lines, pads, rotors?

Brock's short meg. My bike shop will do the work, they are really good and did all of the work on my 600. I was going to lower it for street just for looks. I realize it can make turning more difficult but that's why I planned to lower both ends.

My overall plans with the bike is to keep it street, loud, fast, and nice looking as I can without really hindering steering.

Thanks for answering busa. Hope to hear some more input from you

Lowering a bike doesn't make the bike more difficult to turn, it restricts the bikes ability to turn.

I wouldn't worry about upgrading the brakes. Once you have reduced the suspension travel you won't be able to use your stock brakes efficiently and more aggressive brakes will simply get you in trouble quicker.

How far to lower depends on how far you want to go. I lowered mine 2 inches I lowered it more than that but found the bike problematic to ride as it would scrape the bottom. Some people don't mind that they adjust their riding to get by, but I was putting a lot of seat time and traveling all over the place and didn't want to be finding routes around speed bumps and finding best angle of entry into drive ways.

Don't forget to take clearance of the front fender and the travel of the suspension under hard braking in the front. The rear clearance for the fender and take into account if you are ever going to have a passenger or any extra weight. Air ride would end any concerns in the rear as you can adjust it on the fly

If you like the slammed look you can it done just ride accordingly after, lots of slammed Busa's hauling ars all over place:thumbsup:

hayabusa-1.jpg
not my bike but look nice sitting down low:thumbsup:

hayabusa-1.jpg

Looks like you are into more of the "show than go" and you got $500 left to spend. Why not get a glow gauge kit for your speedo, fender eliminator kit if you dont have it already, and get some music for your busa to make an entrance with BusaTunes

Personally I think a bike should only be lowered for a shorter rider,then I always recommend to folks starting out to get a lower bike,or cut the seat. If its for looks,its only going to look good for YOU when you are starring at it in the garage. Busa's can corner,dont care what anybody says,taking that ability away is just wrong if you ask me.I've been back on my busa for 2 weeks (4-5 yr absence) and my chicken strips are almost gone. (thats with non-sticky touring tires).Not all roads are straight! A sudden unexpected sharp curve with the buell mod you said you've already done...I dunno pal. The clearance issue's,the geometry change(when you lower a bike,it usually shortens the wheelbase)

The extra 500: 2 piece grab rail,cool brake/cluth levers/fuel lid/ and what they ^ said.

By slammin' her to the weed's,I just hope you dont end up in them. :laugh:

Good luck,post us a pic when done.

RSD.

It's your money and your ride. Enjoy it. For straight racing you can slam it if you want. Not sure on Gen II, maybe 3 inches. I like the look, but other than straight racing and appearance it has no value. Well giving the rider the ability to flat foot it.

Ditch installing the PC and have your computer tuned instead?

As far as lowering. Road conditions would be biggest factor. Leaving the road to go up on driveways, parking lots etc... and not bottoming out.

Mine was dropped 2" with an aftermarket tripple tree clamp, but it did bottom out a lot. Now it is only dropped an inch, with a spacer, and a stock upper clamp.

It's your money and your ride. Enjoy it. For straight racing you can slam it if you want. Not sure on Gen II, maybe 3 inches. I like the look, but other than straight racing and appearance it has no value. Well giving the rider the ability to flat foot it.

+1

Sent from my busa.

steel braided brake lines , HID kit (very good mod), maybe swingarm extentions .

Back