Dropped the bike today!

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Well after 20 years of riding, had my 2nd accident and it was identical to the first that took place about 15 years ago. I was making a simple left turn onto an on ramp at about 10-15 mph. I was already into a slight lean when there it was a long wide streak of oil. The bike just slammed down and slid a couple of feet. Same accident as 15 years ago on my FJ 1200.

First answer: I am fine. No broken bones. No road rash. Something hit the back of my calf and it is sore as hell.

Second answer: Not much damage to the bike. The frame slider did its job and bent almost 90 degrees. There are scratches and scuffs to the lower left fairing and small ones to the rear tail section. Everything else is pretty minor.

If anyone has a left fairing for an '01 Blue/Silver please let me know. I need one. I would also be interested in a tail section.

Greg

sad.gif

This has not been a good week for you Greg...

Sorry it happened, but I'm glad you're not hurt...Busa can be fixed easily enough...hopefully someone has that piece you need.
blush.gif

2 in 20 yrs.....pretty good. That means my second should be here within next 2 yrs.......I'll watch out.

Wish you a speedy rebuild on your bike. Glad your not hurt!!!

Glad youre ok,Wait till tomorrow to decide if youre not hurt, it may be worse than you think,hope not though.NJ.

sad.gif

Sorry it happened, but I'm glad you're not hurt...Busa can be fixed easily enough...hopefully someone has that piece you need.  
blush.gif
You got that right. About three hours after I received the message about Swan. I got this one:

It is with a sad heart to tell you all that Chris Ross died this
> morning in a motorcycle accident. As a founding member of the Salem
> Sportbike club he has many friends and his family needs us all now. I
> will post information about his memorial service when I know more.
[/QUOTE]

Thats makes 4 friends or associates in the last month that have died in bike accidents. Now this accident this morning. I guess its pretty minor considering a big truck was right behind me.

dangit!!!

hopefully when I dropped mine in front of your house, it prolonged the inevitable for you.

Very happy it wasn't as bad as it coulda been~ Sorry I can't help with the parts~ I'm sure you'll have 'er all back done up fine as can be soon though...
cool.gif

sad.gif

blush.gif
You got that right. About three hours after I received the message about Swan. I got this one:

It is with a sad heart to tell you all that Chris Ross died this
> morning in a motorcycle accident.  As a founding member of the Salem
> Sportbike club he has many friends and his family needs us all now.  I
> will post information about his memorial service when I know more.  

Thats makes 4 friends or associates in the last month that have died in bike accidents. Now this accident this morning. I guess its pretty minor considering a big truck was right behind me.[/QUOTE]
Good grief Greg...
sad.gif

I'm sorry...

sad.gif

sageronin
Hayabusa Master

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:2.43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sad news Bro ... glad you're okay and it wasn't worse. [/QUOTE]

Ditto
idea.gif

Sorry to hear this Greg! Glad you are ok though!

More importantly .....Does the stereo still work??
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Greg. Glad you're OK man. BTW, did you receive the tickets?
rock.gif

Back