Dropped my baby after only 3 weeks of ownership

Busa Brian

Registered
rashpics 001.jpg

rashpics 002.jpg

rashpics 003.jpg

crash 001.jpg

crash 005.jpgSo 6-2-11 I'm leaving work from the side exit.. Look both ways as I always do then something tells me to look again after I commit to accelerate. So I see this woman in a SUV moving at a fast pace out of no where so I grab the front brake to stop front tire hits small patch of sand and I loose control and drop my baby and the woman I tried to stop for just kept going and didnt even stop:banghead:... Here are some pics of the damage

Nothing broken just a lil rash bruised up and torn ligaments

rashpics 001.jpg

rashpics 002.jpg

rashpics 003.jpg

crash 001.jpg

crash 005.jpg

that does suck. coulda been worse though. good job avoiding the hit of an suv. looks like repairable damage. do you have full coverage insurance?

Glad you are relatively alright!! It does look repairable though, we had a Kawi 650R traded in that had been dropped on it's left side. The body and paint guys fixed it in a few days and it looks great!

That sucks. Sorry to hear. Did you have a jacket on? Not asking to be a burden just curious to the rash on the elbow.

no full coverage but I learned from my dad who has riden for 30 years also fellow busa rider (former) step mom made him sell) to be your own insurance company so every week I throw 80 bucks in a savings account just in case something happens.. No jacket the one day I don't wear it.. never again... but i'm getting a few estimates in a couple days. its killing me not riding..

wow dude... thats crucial...coulda been worse tho- bike still runs and u still walkin- gotta say it was a good day...

glad your ok, usually I tell people to SLAp themselves when they drop the bike :whistle:, but thats only if your not moving and drop it, so you get a pass heal up quick:thumbsup:

As long as you get better, that's all that matters. This just gives ya a reason to customize your baby, that's what I was thinking when I laid down my 03' down a bunch of years ago..

glad your ok, usually I tell people to SLAp themselves when they drop the bike :whistle:, but thats only if your not moving and drop it, so you get a pass heal up quick:thumbsup:

What he said friend. Heal up and don't be afraid of frame sliders...they are an ugly necessity.

heal up quick man, been down myself....thank goodness i was wearing my gear, landed on my head and shoulder. got up with not a single scratch.

Back