Dropped my 2006 Black and Red and was wondering on what to do.

clydebusa

Registered
Dropped my 2006 Black and Red and was wondering on what to do. It isn't bad but too bad for me to live with. I have been looking around and really don't want some bad fitting parts. What is your
suggestions.. Live in Tulsa OK

If you are looking for factory OEM replacment parts hit up Justin from Honda East. He can sell them to you for a lot less than your local dealer.

Welcome to the oRg, I am in Broken Arrow. You already have the best suggestion we can give you, call Justin and tell him you are from the oRg. Then if you want, call up the guys at Green Country and price compare. I promise Justin can save you money. I dont deal with anyone local anymore because of price and service, we lack in reputable dealers around here.

Thanks for rep again like always :thumbsup:

To the OP, what would you like priced out? Do you have any pictures of the damage you can post on here?

pictures of the damage

crossroadscemetery 008.jpg

crossroadscemetery 009.jpg

A air brush and a little buffing compound could make that ALMOST go away since there's no cracking or breaks. Of course you will know it's there but most others would probably never even notice it. You'd probably end up better in the long run if you could find a nice condition used fairing off e-bay or wherever off a red/black 06 as far as having it match color wise. Cause remember what you got has had 6 years of weather and sun fade on it, brand new is good and I'm sure Justin will hook you up but new oem is made to match 06 oem new paint, not 6yr old 06 paint. ??? If you want to see the difference pull up a corner of a decal on it. It may look subtle at first but magnify that by the size of the complete fairing and then picture it connected to that nose. I may be wrong(have been before) but I think it may look like a new part on a used bike. Didn't sound right, but you know what I mean right?

Just a thought to keep in mind.

Dont know what your money situation is like but get the bike sprayed, to a color or scheme that you fancy! Other than that, what the fellas mentioned up top. Hit Justin up, good dude! :thumbsup:

If that side fairing is all that is damaged, better off replacing that oem with Justin than taking the whole bike apart and respraying it a custom color if a custom color was something you were considering.

If that is the only damage then I would take it or send it to a decent Bike sprayer. That panel or panels could be matched to the rest of the bike by a good sprayer without much difficulty
I had similar( perhaps worse) scratches and scrapes to a Fireblade.Side panel and nose cone.The guy respayed them to perfection.Mimicking the transfers perfectly.In addition he touched a few stone chips up.It looked better than before the spill.Cost £200
The cost of replacement original plastics was estimated at over £1000
Key might be getting good sprayer.My guy came highly recommended .

Here you go:

2006 Hayabusa Candy Sonoma Red
94408-24F82-4CX LH Undercowling
Retail - $825.00
Org Price - $569.99

Since it's only scratched(lightly), you can sell the old one for a few bucks to make new even cheaper.

Back