Dropped Bike

islandboi3

Registered
What's up guys? As the title states I dropped my bike due to some oil on the track. Probably wasn't a good idea to race right after that Honda blew his motor. Oh well, I'm not injured and the bike isn't tooo badly hurt, mostly plastics. Can crossed bar be welded? Should I just buy a new frame instead? How can I go about repairing the motor mount tab? Thanks for all your help. I'm tired of seeing bikes on the highway when I'm not up on 2 wheels!
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG

You say the bike is not too bad,,, dam i wonder what you think is totaled?

As far as i can see,,, most insurance companies would total this bike.
It needs a frame, as well as a cylinder head, Plus all the labor and all the other parts!

agreed...thats a total...i wouldnt wield on it at all.

Although the frame could be welded and the head repaired, the head would have to come off the motor and introducing a lot of heat while welding so close to a head gasket surface can cause problems. I would bet you could get about $6,000 towards the repair from an insurance company, if you are covered and present it properly . . .

If you make a claim don’t say it happens on a track .. ins won’t pay
That is not necessarily true. I inquired about STT track days when I was riding with them with State Farm. The sessions are not timed events and have coaches and class room time. It's considered riders training... That said, I crashed twice in six years and never chose to file a claim.

To the OP, I had a lowside at VIR that broke my mount bolt not my engine mounting tab. (07 GSXR 1000) Has that bike been rebuilt? Is that the corrent mounting bolt?

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm just going to collect the ins money. They're in the 5k ballpark. I'll just put it towards a newer busa

That is not necessarily true. I inquired about STT track days when I was riding with them with State Farm. The sessions are not timed events and have coaches and class room time. It's considered riders training... That said, I crashed twice in six years and never chose to file a claim.

To the OP, I had a lowside at VIR that broke my mount bolt not my engine mounting tab. (07 GSXR 1000) Has that bike been rebuilt? Is that the corrent mounting bolt?

Hey man, the bike haven't been rebuilt. Only had 6k on it actually. That's the correct mounting bolt.

Last edited:
Maybe you can buy it back from the insurance dirt cheap and make some cash parting it out?

You should be able to part it out and get your money back.
Good Luck and let us know how you made out parting it out when it's all gone or most of it is.

Back