Drop tail motorcycle Dolly

bigjack7679

Registered
What do you guys think about this product. I can get one used for $200

Cycle Glyder PRO Motorcycle Dolly w/ PROMAX Cycle Chock

drop-tail-motorcycle-dolly-3.jpg

What would you use that for? I don't see how the ability to move the motorcycle, without moving the motorcycle, is a $200 advantage over rolling the bike across your garage floor on it's own tires? :dunno:

ETA: looks to me like case of a solution looking for a problem. Not trying to be a d!ck, I really don't care how others spend their $, I just cannot see a use for that?

What would you use that for? I don't see how the ability to move the motorcycle, without moving the motorcycle, is a $200 advantage over rolling the bike across your garage floor on it's own tires? :dunno:

ETA: looks to me like case of a solution looking for a problem. Not trying to be a d!ck, I really don't care how others spend their $, I just cannot see a use for that?

It will be used to better fit in a tight garage

It appears to me you can move the Busa in any direction once you have it secured to the dolly. In a tight garage that could be a plus in my garage cramped life. :thumbsup:

Jack...those are almost 400 bucks. Spend a bit more and get double duty outa one of these...

WAY BIGGER bang for yer buck.

RSD.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

The other cheaper alternative bro is a center stand for the bike. You can spin the bike 360 degree's and also pull it backwards using the grab bar.(assuming yer shop floor is smooth.

I can also spin a sportbike 360 on its side stand. Haven't done it with either of my Busa's cause I'm paranoid. :whistle:

I'm also lookin at yer picture in yer avatar...yer a pretty big dude...just pick the fuggin thing up and put it where ever you want it. :laugh:

RSD.

yeah a little extra cash you get the same maneuverability and a lift to wrench on it. Down side I guess its a wider than a motorcycle and the extra space taken could be a negative if inches count in the garage storage.. Me I would just kick all cars except classics and exotics out of the garage :laugh: BOOM!! instant room, tell the wifey or whoever to keep their ride outside:laugh:

yeah a little extra cash you get the same maneuverability and a lift to wrench on it. Down side I guess its a wider than a motorcycle and the extra space taken could be a negative if inches count in the garage storage.. Me I would just kick all cars except classics and exotics out of the garage :laugh: BOOM!! instant room, tell the wifey or whoever to keep their ride outside:laugh:

She wont be having that lol. I'm having a house built in a pretty good area and I'm trying to keep all of the cars in the garage. All to please the wifey :banghead:

The other cheaper alternative bro is a center stand for the bike. You can spin the bike 360 degree's and also pull it backwards using the grab bar.(assuming yer shop floor is smooth.

I can also spin a sportbike 360 on its side stand. Haven't done it with either of my Busa's cause I'm paranoid. :whistle:

I'm also lookin at yer picture in yer avatar...yer a pretty big dude...just pick the fuggin thing up and put it where ever you want it. :laugh:

RSD.

:laugh: Yeah, I could do that but i would prefer not to have to do it all the time. The center stand is a good idea. That may just work. I woul like to get it as close to the wall as possible

I don't think they make a center stand for the Gen 2

Go buy a SportRider magazine. In the back will be a coupon for Harbor Freight for the bike lift for $279

It's fairly easy to maneuver around with the Busa on it..

I have a two car garage with an SUV and a car in it, but I still manage to get my Busa in safe and secure. If you don't fully understand my method, hit me up on PM and I might be able to elaborate a bit more.

I pull up in front of the garage door and stop parallel with the door. Once I am off the bike and it is shut off, I push it backward into the side of the garage next to the car and stop about halfway into the garage. At that point, I will push the bike forward maintaining about 1 foot clearance from the wall and into a Baxley Sport chock which is sitting against the wall with the garage door. If the rear end is not lined up with the side garage wall, I can either pull the bike out of the chock and line it up, or I can use my rear stand with swivel casters on it from Redline Stands to get it in line.

For removing the bike, I simply pull it out of the chock in reverse and then push it forward going through the gap between the rear of the car and the garage front wall next to the door.

I have been using this method for years and it works great for my application.

A ramp to the house interior possible??? Busa make great decoration an art display inside the home. I am sure we have more than 1 here that keeps their baby in the house post a pic :poke: :laugh:

Back