Drone Enthusiasts....

Slowstang305

Registered
Anyone else into Drones? I started with a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and recently moved up to a DJI Mavic. I did a number of flights with the P3S which I used to take all of the below photos. So far learning quite a bit as I'm still a newbie. I have seen what some skilled "pilots" can do and completely amazed. Unfortunately drones are banned in a lot of areas (reasonable as they are MOSTLY a nuisance). Anyone else into them?
DJI_0061.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 9.56.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 9.57.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 9.58.36 PM.png

Last edited:
I personally don't know much about them, my neighbour has one and my riding buddy has a few, he paid some crazy price for his, it will fly using GPS and is able to have a mission uploaded to it....

My neighbours' is pretty neat, it will land by itself if you push a button and has auto hover to take pictures and video. He used it to take his family's Christmas photo this year.

I have a 3DR Solo, a Yuneec Breeze, a GoPro Karma, and a DJI Mavic. Why; I do not know! I honestly don't use them enough to justify having so many! It seems they are banned in many of the places I like to ride, I really need to get my 107 certification so they can potentially make some money for me!! LOL

I have a 3DR Solo, a Yuneec Breeze, a GoPro Karma, and a DJI Mavic. Why; I do not know! I honestly don't use them enough to justify having so many! It seems they are banned in many of the places I like to ride, I really need to get my 107 certification so they can potentially make some money for me!! LOL
Which one is your favorite so far? Whats your opinion on the Karma? People told me the DJI has much better engineering behind it but no personal experience.

The Karma has performed pretty much flawless since I’ve owned it! It flies very well and performs smart shots well! I bought the Mavic mainly for it’s portability, as it’s usually the one I take on my motorcycle(s). Of course everything the Karma can do, the Mavic can do too! I like flying both and sometimes take both out on my solo runs, when I’m not pressed for time.
Out of the 4, the Mavic is probably my favorite, but mainly because it packs so much in a little package that is easy to take with me! Even if I don’t get to use it, it’s not in the way.
95715EFC-8338-4DAE-93ED-046625AC5852.jpeg

Mavic 2 Zoom is an absolutely unreal piece of tech. As far as being banned it’s getting a bit ridiculous. Are noisy kids banned? Drunk loud obnoxious people? No. These new Mavic’s are so quiet 30ft up you can’t hear them...

Mavic 2 Zoom is an absolutely unreal piece of tech. As far as being banned it’s getting a bit ridiculous. Are noisy kids banned? Drunk loud obnoxious people? No. These new Mavic’s are so quiet 30ft up you can’t hear them...
I totally agree. Its getting very difficult to get any good photography without worrying about a big fat fine.

I have a little Tello that I bought to see if I was going to get into the bigger stuff. I use it occasionally but not often.
Those are fun as hell actually. I messed around with one recently indoors and flew it through the office. I like the size and the camera is actually pretty decent. It is a noisy little guy LOL

Back