Driven Axle Block Sliders

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I ordered a set of these to put on with my new chain and noticed that they do not have any marks on them to use to align the wheel when you adjust the chain. The picture shows them (although I'm not sure what good they do as shown) but the sliders I got don't have the marks. I called the vendor and they said none o fthe ones they had in the store have the marks. Dos anyone have these and do the A) work, and B) how to you aligh the rear wheel?

DRR-A02-_sw2_Blue.jpg

You'll have to use one of the large frame nuts and measure back to axle center to line it up.
There's folks here who do it that way.

measure from the front of the block to where the screw goes into the swingarm as long as it is the same on both sides you are good to go

And if you really think that that is correct, you are wrong!

Here is the most precis way of adjusting the chain!

never said it was the most precise was just stating its another way of doing it, especially without buying a $120 tool

card16969 said:
never said it was the most precise was just stating its another way of doing it, especially without buying a $120 tool

$120 would be a deal, that thing is $399, but it comes with free shipping....
Thanks, I'll stick with close enough the marks on my oem blocks provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

$120 would be a deal, that thing is $399, but it comes with free shipping....
Thanks, I'll stick with close enough the marks on my oem blocks provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

wtf lol i was just going by the price it says at the bottom of that page lol

You could probably make one of those things with nuts and bolts and a threaded rod from Home Depot for ten bucks :dunno:

$400 bucks to measure from my swingarm pivot to my axle? You guys are trying to see how stupid I am right?:laugh:

I'll just fabricate something like it myself. I think I saw on here once where someone did that. Still would be nice to have marks on the axle block for those times on the road when you need to snug up the chain.

Willie I'm curious why you can't score some nice even marks on them yourself?
From your threads I'm sure you're more than capable. Sucks to have to do it but I don't think it should be that hard?

Willie I'm curious why you can't score some nice even marks on them yourself?
From your threads I'm sure you're more than capable. Sucks to have to do it but I don't think it should be that hard?

Was thinking about that. When I change the chain Friday I will look at that option. Great minds Blanca :watching:

You could probably make one of those things with nuts and bolts and a threaded rod from Home Depot for ten bucks :dunno:

You read my mind and Ill be doin just that this weekend. Thinkin some dowel rod with a hole drilled will fit nicely into the axle and frame hole:thumbsup:

Don't need alignment marks. Get the right tools. :thumbsup:

Shoulda bought one of these years ago.

7506553076_50bb852f43_b.jpg

7506552892_5056b736a7_b.jpg

7506552820_cb9ee663b9_b.jpg

7426154984_7b4c43c6b5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back