drive up 1/4 times

mrninja9

Banned
Ok me and a buddy took 2 stock bikes me on the 05 le and my freind jake on his 96 900rr. my best on the busa is 8.590@169.30 mph..and jakes on the RR was 9.835@145.25mph..I understand that there is no wheelies track conditions stuff like that but can it be true???
let me know some info!!!!

dyno.JPG

There's no way
wow.gif

Something must have been messed up with the track's sensors...
Post up the slips?
rock.gif

I'm curious to see how the times add up... 60', 330, 1/8mile, etc...

With a good rider you can get in the high 9's with a stock bike but every 10th of a second after that plan on spending some cash.

Ok me and a buddy took 2 stock bikes me on the 05 le and my freind jake on his 96 900rr. my best on the busa is 8.590@169.30 mph..and jakes on the RR was 9.835@145.25mph..I understand that there is no wheelies track conditions stuff like that but can it be true???
let me know some info!!!!
8.5 in the quater mile... with a stock bike!! Somethings not right ...
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126427245 -->

no wheelies means not full throttle, right? right. so, try it again with a gentile launch...

and the mph is 14mph HIGH on the busa... definitely not right.

those machines are no where near accurate. They dont take any factors into consideration. For example , we had a 502 boss hoss on the dyno drag and it went 6.80 's at over 200.

At those speeds Im shocked neither of you were wearing your SAFETY GEAR! Remember Safety First, Imagine what could have happened if you both fell off your bikes at those speeds, the road rash would have been brutal .:p
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

ok we are falling off we are strapped down my freind id in flip flops for heavens sake. Here are my full times:
time 8.590
speed 169.30
reaction time .702
60 foot 1.459
So i think they are off also. A friend of ours dad has one so we get to go play on it this week so he says it is accurate since you dont have to worry bout wheelies and all that good stuff. and you dont start off in a rolling start.

dyno2.JPG

well you could definitely launch the bike hard cause its strapped down..but i could understand maybe high 8's cause of that. still numbers don't seem right..with a fully stock bike.

no wheelies means not full throttle, right? right. so, try it again with a gentile launch...

and the mph is 14mph HIGH on the busa... definitely not right.
who runs mid 150s on a stocker?
rock.gif
? even though I'm not a great racer I"m running mid to high 150s on my turbo bike.

That looks fun... but not nearly as much as going to the actual track...
There's nothing like hitting that sweet spot at the launch... or fugging up the launch and raising the front in 1st and shifting thru the gears to 4th and then have the officials warn you about wheeling all the way down the track
wow.gif
I guess "theoretically" you could get mid 8's in the 1/4 if your launch consists of dumping the clutch at redline. But still... I wouldnt rely on those #'s at all...

You guys have to remember, they usually use these dyno drags for hardley's, the numbers have to be inflated so they can talk about there busa beating bitchters. Also, most of the guys running these at the typical biker rally are so sauced they actually believe these numbers. These guys love to have there egos stroked any way they can! LOL

Back