Dream vacations - Where is yours?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
In an effort to have more non-gun related threads in our nifty random thoughts area, I thought we could post up our dream spots or vacations you absolutely want to do before your days are up.

Two rules:
1 - You have to post where you want to go & ideally who you would take
2 - You have to post why you want to go there (attraction, event, etc).

You can have multiple places but still have to include the two bits for each place :thumbsup:

1. Tahiti islands, Wife soon to be.
2. To have our honeymoon and do things that aren't allowed to be posted on the org. (She's already told me where ever we go I'm not allowed to take the bike)

This is one of the resorts we are looking at.

tahiti.jpg

Are you sure you want to marry her :whistle:

Yes sir. A couple moths ago I told her I really want to buy another bike. She looked right at me and said "well that's fine with me but your not selling the busa to be able to afford it." That's when I knew for sure she was the one lola

I'd love to go to Knobb Creek for the annual machine gun.... Wait, non gun related, sorry, ill try again.

Monaco during F1 race weekend. Formula 1 cars racing and the greatest exotic street cars parked all over the place is the main attraction, but you can't forget the city and landscape either. I've got a coupe local buddies I'd have to bring along, one would complain the cars aren't all American V8's while the other would be mad he couldn't drift the track :laugh:

And no, I wouldn't bring a female, I don't need a boat anchor when I'm goin sailing in a sea of Umbrella girls in Monaco. 2nd from the back would be my choice for a date, she seems disappointed already, so meeting me wouldn't ruin her day, just be par for the course :laugh:

monaco-grand-prix-hospitality600.jpg

Monaco-night.jpg

ForumRunner_20130118_062253.png

Umbrella-girls-Monaco-GP7.jpg

monaco-grand-prix-hospitality600.jpg

Monaco-night.jpg

ForumRunner_20130118_062253.png

Umbrella-girls-Monaco-GP7.jpg

Iceland with Lynne.
To see my sons and grand kids, never seen the youngest Eva and she's five.

Isle of Man with Lynne.
To see the TT.

1. I would like to do a motorcycle tour of Europe. I would like to take my time, do some sketching, photography, and live like a real European for a month minimum. I would take whomever is on the tour group, preferably some talkative architects from other countries for some good meal time discussions. It would be cool to take in a GP or two also. Unfortunately the wife won't have anything to do with riding on a motorcycle. 2. Would be a lap around the US, maybe ending with a Pashnit tour! Again photos, sketching, and meeting people and then irritating them with my liberal views (might need to carry a gun).:laugh: I'm really not a traveler. I spent most of my life up to 24 or so moving constantly and I have lived in many places and several countries. Now I don't like being a tourist - I want to live there and really get to know places and cultures.

I'm with Willie on this one but without the bike. I would love to take my family on a summer long tour of Europe... All over that place. So many places I want to see over there

bahamas out island in the summer with my girl and a small boat and endless supply of ricardo coconut rum and...and we would definitely like to do isle of mann without rain--

^^ same. Tryin to start saving now. I wanna go around uk, then to isle of Mann, finish up in Dublin. And not remember any of it lol.

My list definitely has the IOM on it. I'd want to go with some folks that appreciate the experience. My girls and wife wouldn't enjoy it for the same reasons I would (the race). I've actually met someone that has family there so here's to hoping I can figure out a place to stay during race week :thumbsup: I do like the idea of making the loop around the UK and heading out via Ireland. Great idea there StrRac3r :beerchug:

Another on the list - Machu Picchu. I want to take the family if they want to go. I know my step daughter wants to so I'm assuming everyone else would enjoy it too. One of those "bucket list" sorta spots. I know folks that have been, they say its simply amazing.

There are others I want to redo when my girls are old enough to go and appreciate it. Paris, London, UK castles, Germany, Italy, all over the Caribbean. Plenty of other spots but I've sorta broken mine into family trips, romantic get aways and guy trips.

Been lucky enough to be able to travel over the last few years, Borneo, Thailand, Malaysia, Viet-Nam, Amsterdam, Paris and about to go to Alaska and the West coast of the USA in May-June this year and I can say every trip I have been on has been just wonderful. Travel can get addictive ........Hi my name is Gary and I'm a Travelholic.:laugh:

Back