Dream Come True

RENO911

Registered
Howdy Everyone, Since this is my first post I'll make it short and sweet. After Seeing the 'Busa in a magazine while riding a bus in Korea, I decided that it would be THE BIKE. I have previously owned a '03 Nighthawk 750, and an 1200 Custom Sportster Anniversary edition. (Those were the wife's calls by the way..lol) Since I am now in IRAQ and out of the service (Contractor now) I decided that one of the reasons coming over here were to get my dream bike. Well, now it will be delivered next month. Some questions I do have would be....what do I need to expect when I crank it up? Is there really that much power? I'm a pretty big guy, 6'3 280. And the last thing I wanna do is send it up end over end. I plan on taking the advanced rider's course when I get home but if there are any suggestions please feel free to chime in. Thanks Much

You made a great choice with the Busa. Now, just be safe over there!

The throttle is very resposive.

But with a longer wheelbase and lower seat height, it is very stable.  You'll get used to it quickly  
biggrin.gif

Have fun.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129411328 -->

I'm 6'2", 290. The first thing I would do before you even leave the shop is have them crank up the suspension. From the factory it's set WAY too soft for use big guys.

Here's an excellent thread that explains the settings:

Your first ride will be amazing. Just keep it under 4K and she's a pussycat. The power is very controlable and torquey in the lower RPM range, no worries!! Just take it easy at first and get used to the power a little at a time.

Good luck and welcome to the .org

Respect her and get to know her and she'll be good to you.
Be careful over there.

Thanks for the quik replies. What do ya'll think about the Scorpion helmets...the 700 models, cheap but yet effective?

Back