Dramatic New Video of Japan Tsunami

Just horrific to watch; can't even begin to imagine the fear and loss experienced that day :down:

That is unreal. To see it developing and know there is nothing you can do ti help or warn anyone what is about to happen. I feel sure the people running through the fields did not make it along with countless of others. Nature is so unpredictable and I am still not sure an early warning system would have made that much of a difference unless it let them know days in advance. Still not sure how many would have believed it and left anyway. I sure pray no one would have to go through anything like that but as we all know nature is its own boss and no one but God can control that.

I was amazed at the people carrying possessions instead of running like heck ???

makes me wanna go surfing....:super: generations wiped out in a few minutes. wow! those poor animals that were left behind. how sad.:-(

not that i wanna see people hurt but I was yelling when he took the cam off the people with the water behind them. I wanted to see them make it. as for carring stuff it may be stuff they need to survive. food, meds and clothes.

not that i wanna see people hurt but I was yelling when he took the cam off the people with the water behind them. I wanted to see them make it. as for carring stuff it may be stuff they need to survive. food, meds and clothes.

They did make it. You could see them walking up the steps. That is just mind blowing.

Unreal. I saw that van drive thru the tunnel at the first of the video and was wondering if he didn't know what was happening. There is no way he could have made it.

Where's the rest of it? Just ends?

Sad to only see about a dozen come running. Everyone else from the whole town........

Horrible but now there is chance for regeneration and maybe the building of habitat above the high water line. That tidal basin will serve as nothing more than farmland now.

Horrible but now there is chance for regeneration and maybe the building of habitat above the high water line. That tidal basin will serve as nothing more than farmland now.

The problem is that there's really no such thing as a high water line when it comes to a tsunami. Consider that the highest one on record occurred in Alaska in 1958, and topped out at 1720 feet above sea level. That's about 900 feet higher than my house in east Tennessee. The stronger the initial event (earthquake, undersea landslide, etc), the bigger the wave. Scary stuff.

I watched that video and wonder if there were higher ground behind the videographer. I would be at the tippy top if I saw houses floating at me...

To think of all the folks who drowned that day is mind-numbing. I don't have problems, after watching that.

horrible! we haven't seen anything yet compared to what is coming, just wait until there is a truly cataclysmic earthquake along the West coast or the Yellowstone Caldera lets go again...we have been around for such a short period of time and have kept records for even less...we keep getting warned but very few are listening

Back