dragging brakes

Sean298

Registered
I did front and rear wheel bearings and noticed my front wheel had a lot of drag on it. Everything is torqued to spec and done properly. I took off the calipers and it spun freely, so I've come to the conclusion that my brakes are dragging. I pulled them off and brake cleaner'd all 12 pistons and sprayed them down with Dupont Teflon spray as reccomended in a post I read. Threw new pads on for some reason, old ones weren't even half gone. Went down and broke them in a little with some city stop and go traffic. Highway speed stops, etc. Got home and threw it on the stands, still dragging. I ordered up new brake slide pins as the current ones have wear grooves in them. I'm sort of lost here, not sure if I need my calipers rebuilt or something.

This is a 2002 Hayabusa with 54k miles that's ridden pretty hard.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks guys.

Not the amount that its dragging currently. I can't even get a full spin out of the front wheel.

Sounds like the calipers need to be rebuilt, and as well as MC'c question, take off one caliper and see if one spins better than the other, while on the stands!

Yes in fact I did, I spun it and hit the brakes hard maybe five times? seems good, how long does everyone elses front wheel spin?

Back