Drag Strip

MzBusa

Registered
Tonight was my 2nd time to the drag strip @ Natural Bridge, VA for test & tune nightw. I didn't do to bad. I ran mostly low 8's and high 7's. My best time was a 7.5@105mph in 1/8 mile. Once I get a handle on launching I think I could do a lot better. I just have fun doing it.

Hey Cathy -

Someone posted a awhile back a computer program or web site or something that tested your reaction speed, maybe something like that on a computer could help your reaction time for your launches..

Just a thought.... a small one.. but a thought none the less
smile.gif

What do you perceived as your current issue you need to work on in regards to launching? Riding the clutch too much? Worrying about popping the front end up?

What do you think you need to work on?

Great, your out at the drag strip and I am stuck in the middle of the Nevada desert… with no Busa…. Doahh…I miss my baby… I want to go home… waahhhhh

cool.gif
Natural bridge is a decent track and most of the time on friday night test and tune you can get alot of passes in. I go there some but most of the time I just go to my home track (eastside speedway). Keep up the practice and you will get better for sure. I drag race every week so if you have any questions or need any help with launch technique let me know.
biggrin.gif

Hey Cathy -

Someone posted a awhile back a computer program or web site or something that tested your reaction speed, maybe something like that on a computer could help your reaction time for your launches..

Just a thought.... a small one.. but a thought none the less
smile.gif

What do you perceived as your current issue you need to work on in regards to launching? Riding the clutch too much? Worrying about popping the front end up?

What do you think you need to work on?

Great, your out at the drag strip and I am stuck in the middle of the Nevada desert… with no Busa…. Doahh…I miss my baby… I want to go home… waahhhhh
Thank stinks you're without your baby.  This is my first full summer riding, so I know I'm going to be hurting when winter gets here....need to move somewhere warm year round..
idea.gif

In regards to my launching...I'm having a hard time rolling the throttle and working the clutch when I take off.  I basically have the cocept down, I just don't stay in it when I take off.  I did it once last week, grabbing to much throttle and went broadsided one way and back the other and straightened up.  My husband said I left a 60 ft black mark and I stayed in it!      
biggrin.gif

might wann focus on getting your 60' times down and kinda shut down after that....a lot of guys I know will practice their launches, get out to the 60' traps and then coast down through the lights. They find that it helps being able to get their launches down without worrying about staying in the throttle for the entire track. Good luck, it just takes time but eventually you'll be coming off the light like a pro
smile.gif
cool.gif

I'm a drag neophyte (only been once). I highly recommend it tho since it lets you "play in a safer environment. I found I need to work on my launches as well. I summize that I was a little throttle shy at the line.

It's the more you go the better you'll get...Don't worry about reaction time because your gauging against the clock not another rider...So get reaction out of your head...Slowly release the clutch and roll the throttle...Your times will get better and better...
evil.gif

Here is my word of launching advise on a stock wheel base busa. When your on the line let the clutch out to just where it wants to grab and hold it there as you rev then smoothy slip the clutch out from that point. Its alot easier to ride the clutch if you start riding it from where it starts to grab instead of trying to ride it from the handle bar.

Here is my word of launching advise on a stock wheel base busa. When your on the line let the clutch out to just where it wants to grab and hold it there as you rev then smoothy slip the clutch out from that point. Its alot easier to ride the clutch if you start riding it from where it starts to grab instead of trying to ride it from the handle bar.
yup.. i keep my index/middle finger between the bar, and lever going up to the line then have it right on the edge of catching when the lights come on..

my biggest problem is i basically dump the clutch instead of slipping it.. just can't seem to get it down.

i think my best 1/8mi. was a 6.96 or something close to that..

drag racing is frikkin' addictive as heck.

I haven't been drag raceing very much. I have a buddie who dose it alot and he has been riding mine this summer scence I cant. But he put a clutch mod in my bike and he say it helps when comeing off the line.

You go girl !! ... you've got the guts and the time to do what a lot of us want to do ... take your time and put in the time and everything will come together ... you're ahead of most of us just by being on the track !!

Back