Drag Racers age groups?

Husky

Registered
I am getting to be an old fart and just wondering what age groups people are still drag racing at. I have been out of drag racing for a few years but now am financially again able to get back in it.

my "Pops" just retired from racing, he was 59 years old. do it as long as you can, there will be a day when you can't.

Will be 40 in a few months. Quickest rider at our track is in his 50's I would guess. Age means nothing except it takes a little longer to heal when things go wrong......

]

50 I will prob be @ indy ama race again this summer.

IMG_6982.jpg

Glad to see all your responses, I was afraid I would be surrounded by a bunch of 18yr olds at the track

Started racing cars in my early 20's and had to quit for 20 years . Then got my 08 busa 2 years ago and started racing again . I am going to be 45 in july and still going strong.

Im 25, and plan on racing until i cant ride a bike anymore. Then i will most likely convert a wheel chair and retrofit a turbo busa motor into it and terrorize the retirement home.:thumbsup:

I am 58..Love to race now as much as I ever have..Ludicrous and Mr.Brown are from my neck of the woods..Could have swore they are both older than what they say

I am 58..Love to race now as much as I ever have..Ludicrous and Mr.Brown are from my neck of the woods..Could have swore they are both older than what they say

Thats awesome Dogman. I will be racing up here in Colorado, not many people doing the drag bike racing here, seems to be alot more popular out east, but I too am determained to keep doing it until I no longer can

wow lot of old farts in here LOL j/k I expected to see younger numbers on some of you guys. I'm 29 till June , then I'll still be 29:laugh:. Good to see though , My wife once said to me when I sold my chopper and bought my first sportbike in 03' that I was going through a midlife crisis HAHA, I said no I just got smarter.

i got my busa at 19 and got into racing at 20. im almost 21 now but the track champ and anyone that races bikes at my track is old. its a benfit to me i learn so much from there experince.

Been riding for a while, 29 now... :laugh:

You're never to old. You get old when you stop racing.... :poke:

Back