Downsizing rear sprocket

I am running 19/43 gearing and love this combo I don t have a GPS to test actual speed but when I go past a highway speed advisory display my speedo compared to the advisory is nearly the same :thumbsup:

Just light 511 wet, 145 pound rider, full exhaust / ECU flashed / K&N air filter.
I'm sure you know stock gearing is 18/43.
When I ran it to 196 bike was about 530 wet, had touring screen with mra X screen installed, and rear rack.
Maybe with a stock screen / no mirrors it might hit 200.

Weight has little affect on top speed but you are a small enough rider that aero shouldn't be an issue for you. Normally I'd say, if it's not pulling past 10,800 indicated that sounds more like your restriction hasn't been removed and might want to check your flash/tune and ensure that it's removed. But my guess is the windscreen, handlebar, and rack combo is what's preventing you from pulling at true 200+... ;)

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how much room there is on a GEN2 to add teeth to the front sprocket?

I ask about the front because it would not effect chain adjustment much.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how much room there is on a GEN2 to add teeth to the front sprocket?

I ask about the front because it would not effect chain adjustment much.
How big do you want to go? Pull up a gearing chart & figure out what you are looking to do. Look at final drive ratio # then go off that for rear sprocket if making a change.

How big do you want to go? Pull up a gearing chart & figure out what you are looking to do. Look at final drive ratio # then go off that for rear sprocket if making a change.
I just want to make the mod on one of my Busa's for better mileage on longer freeway rides. I will leave the other stock. Maybe drop the RPM's be 500 or so. I normally ride 75-80 + on the freeway. Limit is 70MPH...thx

I just want to make the mod on one of my Busa's for better mileage on longer freeway rides. I will leave the other stock. Maybe drop the RPM's be 500 or so. I normally ride 75-80 + on the freeway. Limit is 70MPH...thx
19 front is same as -3 teeth on rear or 18/40 sprocket combo
20 front is -6 or 18/37 sprockets
Big money you could buy & install relaxed 5/6 transmission gears which works if other trans work is needed.
Stock ratio 18/43 =2.39
19/43=2.22
20/43=2.06
I would buy 19 front, 41and 42 rear sprockets to make sure you get the exact highway speed desired.

Back