Down shifting without clutch

Its a risk.

If you think you'll never make a mistake clutchless shifting, then you could go for 200,000miles.

If you make a one big one or a few smaller mistakes, your tranny could last for 10,000miles.

A lot of guys never have a problem, but a lot of guys never get past 50,000miles. Its up to you.

(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 16 2007,13:46)
(thepushercg @ Feb. 16 2007,10:43) iv done it a few times. i upshift all the time without the clutch.
taking it back down and not hurting it would be according to the rpms you are turning, and how fast your going. i think for around town crusing you would be allright.
Thanks for the feedback,I have an airshifter to upshift and now if I dont need the clutch to downshift.....damn,Im getting lazy
crazy.gif
how's that airshifter? I've thought about getting one.

(yamahor @ Feb. 16 2007,14:53)
Actually, I know someone at the Local Dealer... He said it's basicly because of squids. GO out, blow up the trans on a brand new bike while clutching up a wheelie... I can see why they wouldn't...[/Quote]
exactly...they said it was due to speed shifts and not using the clutch...when i know damn well i use the clutch,and don't speed shift...the problem with them saying that,is they CAN'T prove that i was doing that..they just assume it and stick with it...i was having a problem with second gear popping out into neutral every now and then...

(adamnflorida @ Feb. 16 2007,18:41)
(yamahor @ Feb. 16 2007,14:53)
Actually, I know someone at the Local Dealer... He said it's basicly because of squids. GO out, blow up the trans on a brand new bike while clutching up a wheelie... I can see why they wouldn't...
exactly...they said it was due to speed shifts and not using the clutch...when i know damn well i use the clutch,and don't speed shift...the problem with them saying that,is they CAN'T prove that i was doing that..they just assume it and stick with it...i was having a problem with second gear popping out into neutral every now and then...[/Quote]
Yup... popping out to N.... Check the yamaha yzf 600r boards about this... bent fork ext... 2nd gear..

I think you're asking for trouble not using the clutch- if it wasn't needed, the bike wouldn't have one imo.

Just my 2 cents- as long as it took me to get my Busa, I don't want it sitting at the shop.
crazy.gif

BUSAFETT

(rockadaous @ Feb. 16 2007,15:20)
(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 16 2007,13:46)
(thepushercg @ Feb. 16 2007,10:43) iv done it a few times. i upshift all the time without the clutch.
taking it back down and not hurting it would be according to the rpms you are turning, and how fast your going. i think for around town crusing you would be allright.
Thanks for the feedback,I have an airshifter to upshift and now if I dont need the clutch to downshift.....damn,Im getting lazy
crazy.gif
how's that airshifter?  I've thought about getting one.
air shifter is sweet,I have an onboard compressor,tank holds 120 psi at a time good for 50+ shifts then just press a button for 10sec and fill it up again.its nice because there is no need to let off the throttle at all when shifting.highly recommend it

Never had any problem...just blip on the gas(after all, I don't even blip) it feels almost like, cluchless tranny...up or down.

(Fire95Z28 @ Feb. 16 2007,16
zzwhip.gif
) ... These trannys are crap and suzuki knows it. Thats why they don't wanna cover anything. How do you like that 10,000 dollars spent and they can't even stand behind it. Whatever is this world coming to. If thats how their warranties are on bikes I sure as hell would never buy one of their cars.
rant.gif
I have 27,000 miles on mine with no problems.  I'm not gentile with the Busa either.  With the numerous posts and polls on the subject, it seems that less than 10% of the Busas each year have tranny problems.  To me, that doesn't sound like Suzuki producing crap.  And there have been several members on the board who have had transmission work done under warrantee.

I know it sux having your bike down, but generally the dealer makes the decision whether or not to pursue Suzuki for warrantee work.   You may want to call Suzuki Customer Service yourself if you think the dealer isn't representing you properly.

I'm late, I know... but, I UPshift w/o the clutch..... from 5 to 6.

Just wanted you to know that doing that is ok. Going from 5 to 6 with NO clutch will not hurt the bike at all... and makes for a faster upshift at high speeds. Good luck and have fun on the roads!!!

(BusaWhipped @ Feb. 17 2007,22:47)
(Fire95Z28 @ Feb. 16 2007,16
zzwhip.gif
) ... These trannys are crap and suzuki knows it. Thats why they don't wanna cover anything. How do you like that 10,000 dollars spent and they can't even stand behind it. Whatever is this world coming to. If thats how their warranties are on bikes I sure as hell would never buy one of their cars.
rant.gif
I have 27,000 miles on mine with no problems.  I'm not gentile with the Busa either.  With the numerous posts and polls on the subject, it seems that less than 10% of the Busas each year have tranny problems.  To me, that doesn't sound like Suzuki producing crap.  And there have been several members on the board who have had transmission work done under warrantee.

I know it sux having your bike down, but generally the dealer makes the decision whether or not to pursue Suzuki for warrantee work.   You may want to call Suzuki Customer Service yourself if you think the dealer isn't representing you properly.
Bike trannies take a beating, especially 2nd gear. I've known all brands of bikes losing 2nd gear. My friend just lost second on his 1100....we suspect it was from an ugly first to second burnout shift. Sometimes trannies can be weak...sometimes folks break things. I personally think modern bikes on the whole are pretty damn durable if you use your head and don't beat the hell outta them. Every forum for every brand has their 2nd gear horror stories.............

Back