Doug, Professor - OK guys...you doing OK?

Tremendous tragedy in okc area, I'm at a loss for words. I'm glad all of us here seem to be unscathed. Another board I'm on some weren't as lucky but all in all I'm thankful nobody I know was hurt. My sympathies go out to all those affected.

Still sad but now I'm seeing only 9 kids died. Wonder why they constantly seem to get numbers wrong?

Still sad but now I'm seeing only 9 kids died. Wonder why they constantly seem to get numbers wrong?
I started to post a lengthy response about how the news media is a bunch of drama queens more interested in ratings, even in a crisis/disaster than they are about getting it right.....then I realized, eh thats all I needed to say ;)

Folks in a crisis need real, actual facts and information. That is not something they are likely to find with great certainty in the first 24hrs after a storm with the media who just simply "retweets" or relays unverified stuff. Just the nature of things I guess but it sucks. I think it would work better if they followed the emergency action plan the state/county/city/towns have in place and only communicated facts from the official chains of command but that wouldn't be good TV :banghead:

Glad to hear my friends are safe. My real father just moved there last month. Sunday's twister was 2 miles from his house.

Heavy heart for those lost. Prayers go out to everyone effected including the survivors and first responders.

Anything we can do to help you Oklahoma folks, just let us know,nobody can rally the troops like Ol' Rubb can....:war:

RSD.

The problem is that in the school many of the kids crawled out before the emergency personnel arrived. When the firefighters asked how many kids were in there they were told 75, kids were running everywhere, there were no shelters for miles so children were being rounded up. Throughout the night as they were able to get all the kids to shelters they were able to start reuniting many of them with parents... I've never been so heartbroken to see friends with pictures on facebook of thier kids asking others to be on the lookout for their 7, 8, 9 yr old child that is missing.. It is an unbelievable scene and an emotional tragedy....

cap

This might help explain the emotion that we as Oklahoman's are going through.. These are from my friends facebook pages...

kids.png

kids2.png

kids3.png

kids.png

kids2.png

kids3.png

All I can do is cry when I look at the pictures of the kids. God help those families

I am the same way, I called all of my children this morning to let them know how much I love them, then I got upset again because I have that ability and I know there are many parents that cant. My heart breaks for those parents.

This is where I live... Semi, Omar have been to this Wal-Mart with me before....

Wow!!! I'm gonna head up that way tomorrow and try and give a hand. But first I'm heading to little axe where my niece and her family lost there house from the tornado on Sunday

Family if you can give anything to help these family's out

Incredible video of the tornado forming. I saw the dog one earlier on the news and had a tear for the sweet response of the owner.

Back