Doug, Professor - OK guys...you doing OK?

Are there basements or underground tornado shelters in some or all schools there?

sadly Saiid i dont think so, i know we dont have any in the schools here in Missouri, maybe Doug or one of the others that live down there can tell us

Just hearing se okc city water is not to be consumed until further notice. Hopefully things improve. Weather Channel says those east and south from there should be on alert more active tornadoes on the move

Negative on the shelters underground... Our local community built a storm shelter that is below ground next to the school.. So our elementary school kids are secured.. The very best thing is that today about 11am the school sent out notices that said come get your kids.. You can take care of them better than we can, I took off work and came home and got my son... Heavy heart for those families affected tonight...

So sad, with a heavy heart I report to you that it appears 24 children have died in the school. News is reporting that they drowned under the debris...

I'm heartbroken. This is so unbelievably tragic. Thoughts for all affected... :please:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Dayum it...prayers for all the little ones. Rest in Peace little souls.

glad to see cap and rick are ok. prayers sent for everyone else dealing this tragedy

I was just in Joplin this weekend. 2 years later and you can still see the scars.

I've been cut off from most of the news but what I'm seeing is tragic. I had to drive around most of he damage but my wife ended up walking 5 miles home through dome of it. It is bad.

Was thinking of Capt's pics while watching this on the news. Glad to hear our members are okay. Thoughts go out to all the victims.

Back