DoubleBubble or Standard Replacement

Rocketman

Registered
Hi everyone. I want to get a dark smoke windscreen for my '04 LE. I'm not sure if I should get the double-bubble or the standard replacement.

I don't want to impact the aerodynamics of the bike negatively. I like the look of both of them.

Suggestions?

thanks...

let me know if you need either screen. we even have them in the iridium color. the db will let you see your gauges better and provide better wind protection.

Double Bubble for sure. Charles @ Street & Track hooked my up with my latest, a Puig. Very nice and thicker than the Zero Gravity I had but the ZG did move the air flow a little bit higher.

Get a double bubble. Best looking, and it is great for high speed head tucks...

Double Bubble..

The stock one hit me right under the chin.. threw my head all over the place, and it felt like my helmet was ready to be ripped off my head, even at standard speed. THe DB throws it right at the top of my helmet. MUCH easier to keep my head stable. And a slight tuck gets it to go right over you.

You'd be amazed at the difference.

I have to agree, the Puig DB was a great investment for me. I can now see the gage cluster. Charles at Street n Track is a great guy to do business with as well.

Shawn, the DB is one of the best "mods" I've made. If your looking for a dark smoke and want to save a few $ let me know. I've had mine on for a little over a month, it works great, but I've since installed a tank mounted camera mount and can't video thru the dark smoke. If interested send me a pm. I still have my stock screen so I could pull it and **** same day or next.

Charlie

(JB Busa @ Oct. 20 2006,16:27) Do you like seeing the gages?  If so DB only way to go.
I guess I'am the only one who LIKES the standard. To me it looks better and I've NEVER had trouble seeing the guages. You guys sure your riding a BUSA
laugh.gif

So the consensus is the DB for sure. I don't know what people mean about not being able to see their guages. I can see mine just fine. I really don't mind the wind either. I think the busa design is the sleekest ever and was really worried about the DB changing that.

It should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll post pics and send out my opinion on it once I have it. If you've seen Guclu's pics - the black has a db and red/black has a SR. they both look great. IF this looks that good and gives me extra wind protection - awesome! I can't wait to get it.

I do get tired of the head-bob thing. It feels pretty stupid in 80pmh traffic and my head is all over the place...

CAT - thanks for the offer. I have the Puid DB Dark Smoke on order already. Post it up on the auction site and see how that goes - eh?
beerchug.gif

I purchased a PowerBronze, and really liked the way it looked, and the aerodynamics were very nice. The fit sucked though.

I bought a Puig which was not as nice looking and (to me) doesn't feel as aerodynamic, but the fit is good.

Good luck!

You will be happy with the DB. You can always keep the stock one and put it on when you want a different look. Takes about 5 min. to change out.

Back