Double Bubble Screens

winger40

Registered
Am looking to put on a double bubble screen but want to ask if anyone has much experience with these? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
The Hebilars are going on tomorrow and I'd like to put some of that wind up and over.

You willfind that lots of us use them. I have had a Dark Smoke, smoke and Green Blass *color) Zero DB. Yes they work and are worth the money.

Sh**....Now I'm confused. The "pic" of the Zero Gravity Double Bubble doesn't look like pics at other sites. The one I'm looking at had a double curve....almost an "s" shape. Do you know that one?

This is a Zero Gravity Double Bubble...

mirrorext_02.jpg

Go for Zero Gravity Racing's busa screen selection. You've gotta be talkin' about the Sport Touring screen...

Here's a pic of one of my ridin' buddies' Sport Touring ZG screen. He's a high mileage rider and he loves it, especially in the rain. He's a member here but I don't think he checks in very often anymore.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092872405 -->

10.jpg

they put alot of weight back on your hands with the reduced wind on your chest...they are the best when goin reallllyyy fast. sj

Thanks for all the replies (and pics). I definitely want the Touring ZG screen. Helibars will hopefully relieve some of the weight on the wrists.

I had a DB on mine for about a year and just changed to the ST, which I like a lot more.

By the way, if you call Zero Gravity direct to order a Sport Touring screen, do not let Linda talk you out of a dark smoke tint (if that's what you want). She kept telling me how they wouldn't take it back if I found I couldn't see through it and I finally caved in and went with the light smoke only to find that the top of the screen is several inches below my head (an ST is two inches higher than a BD, which is two inches higher than stock). When I called her back to get the tint I originally wanted, she tried to charge me a restocking fee. She eventually agreed to waive it but I'm still waiting for the return to show up.

Ed

Am looking to put on a double bubble screen but want to ask if anyone has much experience with these?  Good? Bad?  Indifferent?
The Hebilars are going on tomorrow and I'd like to put some of that wind up and over.
My opinion.

I just put on a sportech double bubble type. It maeks the bike look more like a touring bike.. dont like it.. It does help a bit, when you tuck you can get under it pretty nice. The fitment SUCKED ASS, nothing like the stock one....

I personally give my sportech a thumbs down.

I have a ZG DB (dark smoke) and love it. I may add a PUIG DB to the collection for a little variety. PLease don't compare my pics to BT's, but here are a couple shots of mine.

post_11_96271_DSC00472.jpg

I'm leaving this bike fairly much alone (read: no modding to speak of), but on past bikes I've run Fabbri windscreens. If you've never seen these, they are as close to a work of art that a simple windscreen can be.

Made in Italy, they are more softly curved and flowing than the abrupt line you'll see on the ZGDB (where the bubble starts is what I'm talking about). Similar wind protection to the ZG, but a little different look. Much thicker plastic than the ZG line too, sturdy stuff, really.

I've dealt with Chris Fruits at Indy Superbike and he's a fine guy.

http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome....&page=1

I dig my powerbronze DB...................it doesn't take the wind over my head, but it at least takes it off my chest!!!!!!!! Go dark.........they look koool !!!!
smile.gif

..my bike came with MRA's DB in dark.. ..fitment is, well, mediocre.. ..being dark is koool, but you can't film sh** through it.. ..go with plain transparent..

..MRA's DB - while it is WAY better than stock, I 've seen ZG and it's a better product..

Back