Double bubble right for me?

maoz

Registered
What I am looking for is good wind protection on the highways. I don't like to tuck down much at all but I want to get out of the wind at speeds 70+ on the interstate. Is a double bubble good for this application? I won't go to a strict touring shield, I want to retain the Busa's nice lines.

Double B makes 2 versions sport and sport touring which is a little higher. Bothe are great but the touring sounds like it wll hit your needs.

Depends on how tall you are, I have the Zero G double bubble and I like it a lot, what I do not like however is that at 6'1" it directs a fair bit of wind into my helmet creating a bit more noise. If you really want to get out of the wind a Sport Touring screen from Zero G would be the way to go if you don't mind the slightly uh...Unique looks...
smile.gif

Ben,

I'm 5'9" and I also have the ZG DB. It is a big improvement over the stock windshield and I chose the light smoke for better visibility in a full tuck.

DJ

Like Rev, at 6' I get alot of head wind and noise, but at speeds >140 a little tuck and I don't feel a thing.

I too have a clear smoke so when tucking I have visibility.  If you're >5'9" or so the only thing that will keep you wind free is one of the hidious sport touring screens.

Just think I know guys 6'8" so we're somewhat fortunate.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078937067 -->

I think any DB screen is good for wind reduction.. From what your question says, I think thats your only alternative..

Thanks for the feedback. I'm 6'2 so it sounds like I will just stick with the stock shield, no touring shield for me!

Maoz, I might have a different option for you here in the near future... I am working on Something for Cache and I'll post the results when finished....

CACHE, I haven't forgotten you Bro, My little Dremel poop the Bed so I am getting a new one... it will be along shortly...

Rev

Givi makes a screen for the Busa that, rather than being a raised/double bubble, it has an upturned lip on it to redirect wind over the rider (in theory).

Has anyone tried this or something similar? At 6'6", I'm going to be needing myself something for the long-distance runs myself.

I'm 6'4" and I was wondering the same thing. I'll be riding close to 100 miles per day for work once it warms up. I can't wait!

I'm 6'3" and the zero gravity double bubble is great. I can see my guages now, love the looks and protects my big ass real nice in a tuck.

hmm sounds like I might need to get one...
cool.gif

Double-Bubble. Clear. Very nice. 6'3".

I also have a Dark Smoke DB that I use occasionally. It might as well be painted black it's so dark. I do some tucking now & then, so I usually stick with the clear unless I'm dressing the bike up for a nite out.
biggrin.gif

I am 6'5" about 225-230. I really like the PowerBronze wind screen I have on the bike. It is called the airflow model but is the same or similar to DB. I dont really have any problems with the wind. Definetly a good purchase for me!

Double-Bubble.  Clear.  Very nice.  6'3".

I also have a Dark Smoke DB that I use occasionally.  It might as well be painted black it's so dark.  I do some tucking now & then, so I usually stick with the clear unless I'm dressing the bike up for a nite out.    
biggrin.gif
hmm so the dark smoke is almost black??

I"m looking for something that will go with the black on my 40th. Do you think the dark smoke is too dark?

hmm so the dark smoke is almost black??

I"m looking for something that will go with the black on my 40th. Do you think the dark smoke is too dark?
Dark smoke is DARK.  Not opaque, but you'll NEVER see through it on the bike.  It goes with the black on my '02 just fine. I actually got this dark-smoke by accident. It was *supposed* to be light smoke, but I figured I'd keep it. It looks good on the bike, but when I tuck I only see about a 1" strip between the windshield and my helmet's part above the visor.

<!--EDIT|Dangerously
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079061457 -->

Back