Double Bubble For Top Speed?

SpeedFiend

Registered
I'm starting to plan out a shot at 200mph (Texas Mile), and I've got a basic shopping list together (chain guard, ram air seals, ceramic bearings in addition to my Alienhead and Cheese tune). I can't decide if I need the Double Bubble or not. Does anyone have any experience with whether or not these increase top speed? I've heard some people swear they help, but I've also seen a few 200mph threads with the stockers. Looking to squeeze out every last bit that I can. Any other top speed tips are much appreciated!

Lose the mirrors.
Screen: I'd say stock,less drag.
Probably a dozen things those with experience will suggest.

I've only shot for 200MPH on the street.:laugh:

Yes,I'm that stoopid. My speedo is in KPH.Goes to 340. I've buried the needle twice.:race:

RSD.

Another thing to consider that may help you reach the coveted 2 double O is to push away from the table or run on a treadmill a few times a week......... Just think if you were able to lose 10lbs, people spend hundreds to lose a pound or 2 off their bike for added performance :race:

Depends how big of a rider you are?

A DB creates more drag so if you are a small guy and can get behind the screen you will go faster with stock. However, if you are a big guy that can't tuck behind the OEM screen then you may actually go faster with the DB screen because the air will flow around you better. It all depends on the rider.

Another thing to think about or look into is a low cut seat or a drag seat to help get you lower. But again, depends on your size... 99-07 Hayabusa Drag Step Seat Carbon - HH

Do you have a tether cord already? MPS Tether Kill

Drop 1-tooth off your rear sprocket if you are going for 200+... ;)

Don't forget there is a new track in Houston for 1-Mile starting in October: Houston Mile And since you are in AZ, might look into Mojave since it's a LOT closer to you: Mojave Mile

Let me know if we can help with that 'Shopping List'...

Double Bubble

charleston1-900.jpg

SR Replacement - This one is my favorite, but I love the long-low-fast look of the busa.

Img_1745_sr_800.jpg

charleston1-900.jpg

Img_1745_sr_800.jpg

I agree with Got-Busa?

I run faster with a double bubble screen because the air flows better around me. The person I race with gets a better speed with a stock screen because he is able to get under it well at 190lbs.

If you invest in a DB take both with you until you figure out what best suits your fitment.

Another thing to consider that may help you reach the coveted 2 double O is to push away from the table or run on a treadmill a few times a week......... Just think if you were able to lose 10lbs, people spend hundreds to lose a pound or 2 off their bike for added performance :race:

I just ran a marathon in 3:53 :whistle:

I've already got a spare seat that I was planning to trim down. I'm 6' 185lb, and I can still get down behind the screen pretty well. I'm getting the PMR tether since it's what I've used on all my bikes.

Should I drop 1 or 2 teeth on the rear? I thought -2 was the magic one...

GotBusa answered the way I woulda.
Being torso challenged, the double bubble absolutely works better for me.
If you can get a good tuck behind the stock screen, you're golden!

My bigass head causes more drag than a double bubble, so that's what I have to use.

If you're running the Gen II, in theory 1 down would get you 197 at 10,500. You should go at least 11,500 if not higher on that Gen II. On a stock Gen II or Gen I the higher gearing doesn't necessarily get you anything because you have to have HP and torque to get you topped out within 1 mile. Several members here, including Got Busa know exactly what their talking about. Your tuner does too.

Back