Double Bubble airflow?

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everyone, I just had a weird battle in my head. Does the double bubble screen mess with the aerodynamics of the bike too much? or does it matter.

I still pegged the speedometer with my double bubble.
beerchug.gif

survey says!!!!....

06FBASH9.jpg

dub bubs rock...i love my clear puig DB....cause to me?...unless you're an anorexic midget that's willing to ride fully tucked all the time?..the stock windscreen seemed almost useless as far as wind protection goes...the stock screen usta windblast me right across the chest/shoulders area and even in a full tuck w/ the chinbar of my lid laid right on the tank..the DB offers up far more wind protection very suitable for a ST crouch (let alone a full race tuck) riding position and opens up the dash/cockpit area quite nicely..and the extra space comes in real handy for adapting electronic goodies such as Radar Detectors, GiPro, GPSNAV...etc...etc...

and oddly enough?...i believe suzi "raised" the rpofile of the new '08 busa's windscreen...which to me?..sorta speaks volumes.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Anyone found a good place to purchase these? This is one of the must do mods on the Busa IMO. Group buy maybe
rock.gif

I put a DB on my bike the same day I bought it. Recently I went back to the stocker because the DB was smoke and interfered with my tank camera view. A long day of riding with the DB beats you up a lot less than a day with the stocker - I only put the stocker back on now if I'm going to do some filming.

As far as top speed I dunno - mines geared too low to go over 170 anyway.

Maybe I'm crazy ... but I like the stock screen because all the wind on my chest helps support my weight and takes some of the strain off my elbows, wrists, back and abs on long rides. I don't do much riding in a tuck (have GenMar raiser) except at the track.

(8Daytona8 @ Aug. 11 2007,09:35) Anyone found a good place to purchase these? This is one of the must do mods on the Busa IMO. Group buy maybe
rock.gif
PM kairles, he is selling Suzuki Double Bubbles for REALLY good price. I bought one from him and installed it today.

I replaced my PUIG screen for a couple reasons:
Scratched.
I didn't like the black on the bottom portion -interfered w/ laser detection

I rode it tonigt and actually like the Suzuki screen better... The optical distortion is alot less than the PUIG, and it has smoother cleaner lines - the double bubble isn't as "edgy" on the Suzuki as on the PUIG. The PUIG has harsher lines.

They are both about the same thickness and same contour along the top line.

Would I buy it at full retail (of $120 ? ) over a PUIG ($70) No. For the price I think a PUIG is probably a better bargain, but since I got the opportunity to pick one up from Kariles, it was a no brainer.

Here's the thread:

Have both. Really don't notice much difference. Usually run the DB in winter when it's a wee colder.

Prefer the Zero Gravity SR as like the way it carries lines of the bike and photographs well.
super.gif

Img_6980-busa.jpg

Love the DB. Couldn't see the instruments other wise. No speed problems with the DB. Actually, maybe a little better aerodynamics. I got a clear DB and put some trimming on it to out line it.

(johnnycrash @ Aug. 11 2007,16:34)  Recently I went back to the stocker because the DB was smoke and interfered with my tank camera view.  A long day of riding with the DB beats you up a lot less than a day with the stocker - I only put the stocker back on now if I'm going to do some filming.
Why not a clear DB for ya?
beerchug.gif

Back