Double Barrel Smoker

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
Began building a DBS today at work.....will post progress pics as the time goes by....Hoping anyone here with experience with this chime in

bed55992-6633-d8e3.jpg

bed55992-6644-b7e8.jpg

dont forget your draw vents!

looks like you got a good start... i made mine out of an old air compressor tank- what did that used to be? 55 gal drum?

looks like a good start but at the same time a LOT like work :laugh:

How much cooking space will you wind up with?

I got to get the top barrel on there...maybe this week...then cut the door on the top...door on the firebox...firebox air intake with butterfly...install a grill..then test

That's a fun project! Please keep this thread updated with the progress.

I'm working on one myself. I got 2 55's and I'm stacking them like a T. Almost done with the top one and started the bottom.

Be careful with the linings of the insides of the barrels. I've read around that they could be toxic when burned and consumed. I removed all coatings of my barrels inside and out.

I'm working on one myself. I got 2 55's and I'm stacking them like a T. Almost done with the top one and started the bottom.

Be careful with the linings of the insides of the barrels. I've read around that they could be toxic when burned and consumed. I removed all coatings of my barrels inside and out.

If they were used for apple juice,they might be ok,if they had oil in them,I would pass on the BBQ. :whistle:

RSD.

If they were used for apple juice,they might be ok,if they had oil in them,I would pass on the BBQ. :whistle:

RSD.

+1

Any type of coating on the inside needs to be removed before you actually cook in it. Or you WILL taste it in the food!!
Gixx1300R is right the metal is to thin for the grill to last very long. You might gat a summer out of it then it will probably be trashed.
But hey, its still a pretty cool project!!!!

Back