Don't you hate when.....

coreywiley

Registered
I cannot stand when I order something for my bike off line and instead of them having something on Thierry site saying it's out of stock they charge your card and then send you an email saying "oh it's going to take 1-2 weeks before we get the item in stock.

Yes... I'm incredibly impatient when I want stuff. I'll often pay more if I can just go to the store and get it, instead of ordering it online... and I next day air nearly everything.

The backorder situation like you describe would cause me to request a full refund... Email me when it's in stock, and I'll buy one if I haven't found it somewhere else already.

I'm having a similar experience now with a couple of parts I ordered for my Mustang. Although I must say, they haven't charged me for the parts that were not in stock.

All I'm asking is to put it somewhere on your site saying the item is out of stock. Now I have to wait two weeks for this part to come in and another for it to get here probably because they're in Cali.

All I'm asking is to put it somewhere on your site saying the item is out of stock.
Yep! I once waited 6 weeks for an item I'd ordered online, only to get a refund after I made a fuss with PayPal.
The seller had contacted me after I'd paid for what I wanted and told me he didn't have it in stock but would get it within two weeks. Six weeks later...
It really annoys the hell out of me, especially when it's an eBay Store! - How can you, in good conscience, sell something that you do not even have in stock? (Talking about eBay, here.)

Many online retailers do not stock product, they are simply order takers. You pay, they order it from the factory and deliver it to you. It's a cheap way to get into business, but it won't earn you any repeat business. Ultimately this type of business fails since without repeat business, your company will expend every moment trying to find new business instead of cultivating existing business.

Yep! I once waited 6 weeks for an item I'd ordered online, only to get a refund after I made a fuss with PayPal.
The seller had contacted me after I'd paid for what I wanted and told me he didn't have it in stock but would get it within two weeks. Six weeks later...
It really annoys the hell out of me, especially when it's an eBay Store! - How can you, in good conscience, sell something that you do not even have in stock? (Talking about eBay, here.)

Oh Boo Hoo:laugh: I waited over 5 1/2 months for smoked front turn signals from Clear Alternatives:rofl: I completely understand!!!

I have to problems with eBay ! Almost 99.9% of the the stuff that I have on my bike is off of there(ballz & kempies). But I did recently bought some scoops off of eBay and they wind up getting here two weeks late and they tried to get good feedback out of me saying "we'll refund some of your cash if you leave a positive feedback". Needless to say they didn't even fit and I have yet to leave feedback for them. Im waiting to see if they refund my money before I do so. They tried to tell me "oh well we never had fitment problems before". Those things didn't even come close to fitting. So I ordered some lastnight from a company(u can probably guess who) and today they send me an email saying they're getting painted.

that's nice... :banghead: advertise on an auction site when you don't even have the product. :banghead: another reason why I'm not a fan of fleece-bay.
I call around for parts too. I don't like to wait but sometimes there isn't much choice. Very very few places stock anything and everything under the sun. It's not cost effective. Granted, you should be able to get an oil filter but if you ask for the mac-daddy-platinum-series w/spikes and rainbow powdercoat finish it would surprise me if it's an in-stock item.
I know. I just don't think that eBay Stores should be allowed to do it.

Last edited:
Why would you wait that long?

I got unknowingly got caught up in C.A's closing down, (months of no answer to phone or internet) and it took that long for Moto Lume to get things up and running. C.A had my money and I wasn't about to give up! M.L didn't even have any record of the order, so they sent me the wrong ones...just like C.A did:laugh:
Finally they got it right. For a new business with no record of my order they did right by me, and I would order from them for this reason. Like alot of folks, I'm glad C.A is gone.

After I find a reputable dealer carrying the item I'm looking for, I contact them either by phone or email to confirm all details of the item. I haven't been disappointed yet.

I just looked at my bank statement and they haven't charge me for the part yet but they already charged for the shipping. Do that make sense? Can someone tell me!

Back