Don't use synthetic, it's a waste of money!

I tried the Rotella brand syn after using mobile1, with the rotella if feels much less smoother shifting wise to me, Im going back to mobile.

if you are going to change your oil every 3K? stick to dino oil.. I run 3 or 4 times that on oil changes.. petroleum oils break down quicker than synthetics and unless you are running extended mileage between changes, you probably wont notice any difference.. My oil analysis reports (ran 2 of them) came back just fine.. (15K on one batch)

I hate changing oil so I run synthetic

notthiscrapagainfx2pj3.jpg

notthiscrapagainfx2pj3.jpg

synthetic. cuz i can.
Posted via Mobile Device
:thumbsup: certainly not a waste of money... funny subject.. no real right or wrong and the stuff certainly is not bad for your motor..

A guy will spend hundreds for something just because it looks good, yet cheaps out on $20 worth of oil.... The blood of these machines is "oil", may as well have the best you can afford

I run Dino and no issues,but I don't ride hard. normal riding isn't a big issue.

As much as people like kid around about :deadhorse: goes to show how unimportant it is for the normal rider to use one over the other. If you can afford it,go for it. If not don't worry.

Same goes for brand. Use a decent brand name you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: certainly not a waste of money... funny subject.. no real right or wrong and the stuff certainly is not bad for your motor..

A guy will spend hundreds for something just because it looks good, yet cheaps out on $20 worth of oil.... The blood of these machines is "oil", may as well have the best you can afford

Kind of like buying a cheap set of tires???

Here's one for you all to flame on about. I am doing my 1st oil change on the 09 Friday after less than 150 miles. Will do another at 600. Do I need to? Probably not but it gives ME that warm fuzzy feeling inside!:laugh:

Run what you like, it's YOUR bike. Do your own research and find out what you need to know. That guy sounds like he's uninformed and that's fine. The more they want to see you for these shop duties $$$$.....no doubt in my mind, the "wear" on the motor is significantly less with synthetic, but I KNOW this.....I've been running synthetic a long time...... :super: Do what you want....

I run suzuki or kawasaki 10w40 but I'am sure there is something better out there.It work's for me and I'am sure other's too.Changing oil on time is more important to me.I'am sure there are pro's and con's to all oil's.Good luck on your debate.

I run synth. It may not benifit my scooter at all. I will still run it because I like changing at 5k miles instead of 3k and I want to take care of my scoot as best I can. I run Amsoil in both my Civic with 137000 miles with no problems and my wifes new Pathfinder. I will be trying Amsoil in my bike next. Currently I am running Lucas systhentic without any issues at all.

Bottom line, run what you feel will work for you. :thumbsup:

Oil doesnt go bad.....Only excessive heat will break down any oil. If you race then you need to change it if you ride like a bat out of hell on the street then maybe every 10,000 miles if your BlueHaya then never.:laugh: Just because every oil maker says to do it because they want you to doesnt mean to trust them. If I sold you a product and I know that it lasts a long time then I would tell you to replace it alot sooner than you would need to because thats how you make money. Supply and demand.....If your the supplier then you have to make the demand.:whistle:

Back