Don't think I'll be riding for a while. :-(

I suggest we get a Herniated Disc/Back problem forum because RSD wants an HD forum...
My back problems started at age 19 due to a heavy workout with poor form. Things didn't get very bad for a few years until I left the USAF and put on weight. Been dealing with the pain ever since.. Have been thinking more and more these days that I should just have the surgery but something has kept me from going ahead with it..
So, I feel your pain.

Thanks everyone for the good words.

I had the L4-5 fixed in 2005. That one has been re-herniated this time with L3-4. It's not enough that I messed up another disc, but I also messed up the one that got the shot a few months ago. At this point I have a stash of pain meds to help through the tough times. I have a heating pad and cold packs to use.

I'm not ready to give up yet, Rubb. I just can't ride for a while. It blows even more because I missed a lot of great riding days over the last five months, now this.

My sofa, as uneven as it is, provides decent lumbar support when I lay down on it. So far riding my sofa is the only thing that doesn't hurt much, but I'm currently medicated so what do I know.

I'll have to call Corbin on Monday to make arrangements for a pickup. I can get the bike Busa unloaded when I get it home. I have a parking lot near my house that has a wall as high as the bed of my truck. No ramp required. Loading it at Corbin shouldn't be a problem with the bike lifts in their shop.

The MRI shows that the L4-5 is against the root nerves on the left. The L3-4 is against the root nerves on the right. The heating pad feels good right now.

So you have pain shooting down both legs as well!!! Oh lord!! Glad you got pain meds. Doc wouldn't give me meds for mine cause I was in the middle of a fertility round. I wanted to go to the ER and have my legs amputated, they hurt so bad. The only thing that helped me was heating pads and getting up and just walking around the house. After PT I learned to sleep on my side with a pillow, length wise, between my knees. It really did wonders for taking the pressure off the spine.

Take it easy!

I feel your pain, I deal with back pain everyday. I hope you have a quick recovery.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch, that's painful to even think about so I can't imagine how it feels! Sorry to hear it.

Sorry to hear, Hope you the best in recovery.

i feel your pain . i actually broke the top of my sacrum ( fused vitrabra in your pelvis )now i have a 6th lumbar . it wont heal and hurts like hell but riding the busa actually dosent hurt me . but man riding my Honda shadow killed my back . go figure

Last year I did something stupid; let my wife talk me into going to a chiropractor. Well, he screwed me up BAD. For about a month I hurt BAD, could NOT find a comfortable spot where it didnt' hurt. Finally gave up and when to see a surgeon when my leftover meds ran out.
Exactly the opposite of my experience.

I have injured my S1, L5, L4, L3 w/radiculopathy-pain shooting down both legs. Ruptured disks crushing my spinal column nerve and the nerves coming out the side of the vertebra. The chiropractor is the only thing that has allowed me to last as long as I have and reduce the pain meds I need to take.

I am sorry to hear there are so many people here with serious back problems. It really sucks and I know what you are all going through.

i feel your pain . i actually broke the top of my sacrum ( fused vitrabra in your pelvis )now i have a 6th lumbar . it wont heal and hurts like hell but riding the busa actually dosent hurt me . but man riding my Honda shadow killed my back . go figure

Ouch. That sounds a least as painful. Getting that one fused again might be your best bet.

Well...you've always got us to hang with when yer bored.

Not that it will make you feel any better.

Actually,it'll prolly make it worse.:rofl:

RSD.

Back