DON'T RIDE

Recently I didnt listen to that inner voice, both times i had an accident(In my truck)...I learned to listen. Didnt listen once on my harley tho, ran out of gas had to push it home, have you ever pushed a harley all the way home? Im sure many have LOL.
Ask my husband about pushing a Harley...I think he's run out of gas twice now...

As for me...yeah, I had that feeling just yesterday when I was out riding for a few minutes...I was on my way back home leaning in to turns on a very familiar road...I just sort of lost track of what I was doing for a split second, even had some trouble finding the clutch for a millisecond...I headed home after that...not the right frame of mind to ride...

...or perhaps I was concentrating on the Suzuki up ahead of me (few cars between us)...it wasn't a Busa, but I kept watching him lean the bike and so wished I'd had the Busa instead of the little yellow Harley! After that, my mind was blank (keep the blonde jokes to a minimum here...)

Case and point, a few years ago out in an open area of 287 in Colorado.  Normally I am going 65-75 through this hilly section, but today I had noticed I was just poking along.  I figured OK and just took it as it came.  Well, as I was reaching midpoint going up this hill, right over the crest came a Subaru Impreza head on, I had time to whip it over into the oncoming traffic lane and steer between the Subaru and the minivan she was passing (Minivan wasn't all that close really).  As I cut back into my lane I look in my mirror and see her Subaru Roll of the embankment behind me and tumble into a field rolling about 3 times resting on it's roof.  The Mini Van didn't even slow down, so I figured I had to help.  I went back, the driver and passenger were crawling out of the car but there in the backseat was another lady.  She was shaken up but OK just some minor cuts.  She couldnt get out of the car though because the roof was kinda pushed in a little, it was a 2 door.  So I at least got the pleasure of kicking in one of the rear windows.  Got them out and away from the car, then I take off my helmet and the driver starts crying getting all mushy cause she thought she had killed me.  What pissed me off was that she hadn't even tried to turn the car until I was well past her.  Turns out she was high and had been smoking pot.  Anyway, Troopers show up, realize she is intoxicated and she goes to jail.  A buddy picked up the other two girls, and I went about my day.  Just thought I would share.  Listening to that little voice or just finding yourself chillin out, is a good idea, don't question it, just go along.
You were lucky that day Rev...we usually don't have a fair fight against high/drunk drivers in minivans...we barely have a fair fight against any vehicles at all, but to have someone that messed up behind the wheel not take you out is a blessing...

She didn't turn the car until late because her reactionary time was very off (pot does that)...just glad you saw her in time to avoid disaster...

My job in law enforcement has taught me to listen out for those little voices. I have saved my own life and the lives of others by listening. I've also ended up in some helluva messes by not listening to them. I have tried to find a hearing aid to bring those voices in loud and clear. So far, no luck in finding such a device. ;)

I haven't had this experience with riding the busa yet but I had it plenty of times when I raced modded 5.0's and F-Bodies on the street. When I rode bikes before I wasn't mature enough to listen even if I had heard the voices. I'll definitely sit up and pay attention when I hear it before or during riding the busa.

Great thread!!! I've only been here a couple months so I love it when somebody digs up an oldie and a goodie. I just don't have the time I'd like to have to go through and read all the archives.

Oh, and Michelle, you really seem to know a lot about how pot affects the brain! i'm sure you just read it somewhere, or that's what you heard, though. :laugh: :laugh:

Make sure you guys dont ride when sleepy or tired. I once hopped on my bike immediately after taking a nap. I almost dropped it at an intersection (sand), and then 2 minutes later I hit sand again while dropping the bike stand. The noise wasnt pretty when she hit the ground!

Oh, and Michelle, you really seem to know a lot about how pot affects the brain! i'm sure you just read it somewhere, or that's what you heard, though.  :laugh:  :laugh:
Oh sure...the cop had to say something!

I've only seen the effects of marijuana on others around me...that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

For the record, I don't even stop for a beer when I'm riding...not worth the risk...now, when I was younger and dumber...well, we won't go there... :D

little voices? so there IS something more.... you guys just re-affirm my faith. :D

It isn't just me who hears little voices? ...goood ....little voices are nice... I do what little voices tell me to do... I want to keep little voices happy...

On a more serious side, if I feel something's wrong, I double my attention. But if I have to go, I have to go. Eyes wide open...

I hear the voices but I haven't had any close calls after hearing them so I don't know if its paranoia or my guardian angel. Basically it's not a voice but a feeling that all my senses are not at peak performance so pushing it into a turn or really gassin' it would not be a good idea. I sometimes get the feeling that I shouldn't speed because there could be a cop over the next hill or something like that and about 1/3 of the time I am right.

Yeah my "Lil" Voices have made me Dizzy in the past. I think you will know if it really is that Voice TELLING you something...It's a pretty creepy feeling, at least that how it seems to work for me. I mean sometimes it is just a little "feeling", but when I really get hit with the "Don't go there" vibe it makes me sorta light headed... Maybe it's low blood sugar, I dunno... ;)

Is this the same little voice that says go faster when you cruise up on the back of a cop doing 90mph???
Inquiring minds want to know.

:cool: :laugh:

Had the same feeling a couple of times. When it happens, we're always going out to ride curves. Usually running as hard as we all can run. It's basically a 100 mile race to see who can finish first. Of course we stop here and there but it's you know what to the wall.

I have turned around a few times, just because "I wasn't feeling it". I have had friends turn around in the middle of the ride and go home as well. I always listen to my "gut" or guardian Angel or the Lord. Who or whatever is telling me not to ride.
The Holy Spirit may well be speaking to you with that "still small inner voice".

I am Happy to see that I am Not the Only One with this happening to me, I am impressed to see this, very cool !

We are created in the image of GOD & have the gift of Discernment, knowing when this still small voice is telling you not
to do something, like not to ride today or slow down, is not a coincidence.

Some may want to attribute this to psychic mumbo jumbo, but they have not discovered the truth yet.

Back