Don't marry career women

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I read Forbes mag published this article then pulled it.

http://www.forbes.com/home....nd.html

I haven't finished reading it yet, but so far, in my usual against the current mindset style, I agree with it. Maybe I'll post up more of my seemingly chauvanistic opinions after I finish reading it.

The women's side seems right also. Keep in mind, this does NOT mean EVERYONE will suffer the exact same fate.... but....

What da ya think?

I think the guy that wrote the article probably has a pretty open social calendar!

I think the guy that wrote the article probably has a pretty open social calendar!
+1

And, he's kind of stupid
ices_rofl.gif

ya gotta read the whole article, not just the title! just finished reading it. The woman's perspective is not even a COUNTER point, because it is right too. They are both aiming at the same thing.

WOW! So marry a Dumb Broad and make babies!!!! You'll be happier for it?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Umm, No Not so much...

laugh.gif

It's not saying that. It is pointing out stats leading back to so many problems that people refuse to accept as truths behind causes. I mean we are not living the way we could live best, because now people think it's not fair or equal to the sexes.

Bottom line is, a vast major of quiet women would love to be stay at home moms, and a vast majority of quiet men would love to be the breadwinner and provide. When those too met up, it works well.

There isn't one woman I've talked to, and I mean talked DEEPLY too, that doesn't admit that deep down she would love a guy to PROVIDE for her, make her feel safe and loved. That lists includes a few high pwered exec career women. On the flip side, men always feel more successful, powerful, fullfilled and manly when they are able to provide for thier woman. it works best when the man gives and the woman takes. Deep down you know it's true. Men conquer, women nest. if you don't believe me, just read those best selling mars/venus books - I just summed up the whole series in 3 sentaces. and it is true. I've tried it, friends have tried it and were amazed at the success.... in a way we ALL try it that way - when DATING: The guy holds the doors [provides], she accepts [recives] happily, we buy dinner [provide], she feels taken care of [accepts], we walk her to her door [provide safety], she accepts man's protection... problem is after 4 dates we men LET it equal out, and it's down hill from there.

Come on, women, tell me I'm wrong. Tell me you don't LOVE it when a man provides for you: flowers, a suprise dinner, a vacation HE plans....

heck, even the girls now are after "macho-sexual" instead of metro, because macho steps up to be the man.

Good Article...Very interesting read.

I would have to side with the woman's point of view vs. the guy....

I agree with many of you.. I don't think that guy's phone rings too often..
biggrin.gif

Later..

I don't know,

She seemed to take it as a personel attack, not a discussion, and could only provide her experiances as a reference. He was quoting a general trend, not every last individual. I don't think she had a good reply at all.

glyn, I agree with you there too. she took it kinda personal her being a career woman and all. but I do agree with her idea of generally what woman can want and definitely SHOULD deserve. don't marry a slacker! Heck, slackers wouldn't exist if women didn't let them get away with it. I see women driving slackers around all the time... girl driving her man around like he's a pet - giving her purpose to keep him going and fed and clothed... he sitting there like a slave driving king, slouched in the passenger seat with the backwards ball cap on.... now THERE'S a man's man. [sarc]

He may not get many calls, martyrs rarely do. But he's probably married anyway and doesn't have to worry about savign face

aw, come on! I wanna argue about this. ... or is it just SO TRUE that you people don't really WANT to face this light?
blush.gif
biggrin.gif

i thik marry'n a career women or any women for that matter has it pitfalls LOL I think you'd have to be strong minded. Especially if she made more than you. I wouldn't mind. More parts for the bike:D

There isn't one woman I've talked to, and I mean talked DEEPLY too, that doesn't admit that deep down she would love a guy to PROVIDE for her, make her feel safe and loved.  That lists includes a few high pwered exec career women.  On the flip side, men always feel more successful, powerful, fullfilled and manly when they are able to provide for thier woman.  it works best when the man gives and the woman takes.  
Come to VA and sit down with myself and my hubby...
biggrin.gif

He'll tell you in a heartbeat that he'd love to stay at home and have me take care of him...
laugh.gif

And I'll tell you in a heartbeat that I couldn't stand being that stay-at-home wife/Mom without losing my mind...there's only so much cooking, laundry, baby talk, cleaning, blah blah blah that I could handle...funny, I still do all of that AND work the 40 hr week, but so does he...

When I got to the point where I was making what I knew would sustain me and my kids should something happen to Mike, that was a great feeling...I wouldn't give that up for anything...being in the working world has it's ups and downs, but there's a lot to be said about an individual's feeling of self-worth, no matter what sex you are...
wink.gif

The articles, and yes, I read 'em, are silly to me...both of 'em...the guy's take reminds me too much of my grandfather's stance on "a woman's place" and "how the Bible says" this is where women belong...I don't subscribe to that line of thinking...never did, never will...

i thik marry'n a career women or any women for that matter has it pitfalls LOL I think you'd have to be strong minded. Especially if she made more than you. I wouldn't mind. More parts for the bike:D
OK this is an interesting point. What do you do when your wife makes significantly more than you? When we got married she had the perfect grades, 4.0 Math/Physics double major so I knew that as an Art Major there was a significant chance that she'd be outstripping my income in short order.

But, I thought hell I'm a modern guy, it won't bother me. So I had joined the Air Force and created a stability that allowed her to Graduate with a 4.0 and go straight into Graduate School at Creighton University also carrying a 4.0. So I get out of the Air Force, we move to Tampa and she's doubling my pretty decent income working at Booz Allen. DOOD it Bugged me quite a bit for a little while. I was really bothered by the fact that she made so much more than I did until I realized that all it meant was more better toys, and a New Hayabusa!
thumbs-up.gif
I got right the hell over it pretty damn quick. But it did take a little while.

But, I would sure the hell rather have to deal with a little bit of "odd" feelings about her making money and have lots of spare funds laying around, than have a woman sitting at home, doing nothing but sleeping with the Mailman, henning it up with the neighborhood Chickenheads, watching her "stories", and shopping... Having to really watch our spending and sweating the details.

So now 5 years after she graduated, and 5 years since I got out of the military she more than doubles my income as an Art Director. It took a little getting used to, but I've learned a few things.

1. You're NOT the man of the house because of the Money you contribute. If that is the only way you know you're the man of the house? You're not the man of your house.

2. Having the other half making alot more money than you is freeing. Hell I don't have to work! I took a year off from work and played "Parts Guy". But I missed the Graphics gig and I suck as a parts guy. Point is you find yourself not slaved to job because of benefits, or income, or need. It's an amazing feeling.

3. Educated, Intelligent women are the only way to go! No fooling no "BUTS" about it. They don't have to have a freaking Law degree, but intelligence and creativity is a must. High Self Esteem follows, and intelligent women with good self asteem don't do stupid things.

4. Finally anytime you start feeling weird about your woman making so much more than you? Go log into your Online Banking...Wierd feelings all gone.
thumbs-up.gif

So I recommend whole heartedly everyone find yourselves a Sugar Mama, treat her right, and enjoy it.

thumbs-up.gif

Couldn't open the link, but read all of the great comments. On this one, I think the answer is whatever works for you.

There isn't one woman I've talked to, and I mean talked DEEPLY too, that doesn't admit that deep down she would love a guy to PROVIDE for her, make her feel safe and loved. That lists includes a few high pwered exec career women. On the flip side, men always feel more successful, powerful, fullfilled and manly when they are able to provide for thier woman. it works best when the man gives and the woman takes.
Come to VA and sit down with myself and my hubby...
biggrin.gif

He'll tell you in a heartbeat that he'd love to stay at home and have me take care of him...
laugh.gif

And I'll tell you in a heartbeat that I couldn't stand being that stay-at-home wife/Mom without losing my mind...there's only so much cooking, laundry, baby talk, cleaning, blah blah blah that I could handle...funny, I still do all of that AND work the 40 hr week, but so does he...

When I got to the point where I was making what I knew would sustain me and my kids should something happen to Mike, that was a great feeling...I wouldn't give that up for anything...being in the working world has it's ups and downs, but there's a lot to be said about an individual's feeling of self-worth, no matter what sex you are...
wink.gif

The articles, and yes, I read 'em, are silly to me...both of 'em...the guy's take reminds me too much of my grandfather's stance on "a woman's place" and "how the Bible says" this is where women belong...I don't subscribe to that line of thinking...never did, never will...
Very Good point regarding self worth! When I got the Art Director position worked out and the Marketing department came together I'm pretty sure I grew about an inch. Felt good to be back doing what I'm good at.

I've taken a month off of work here and there in the past and it's usually just about the outside limit of what I tolerate before I have to get back to work.

Back