Don't marry career women

Yeah Rev...I too had been busy with college, only working that PT job that only pays for gas to get back and forth and I felt pretty darn useless AND I can tell you that Mike was patiently waiting in the wings thinking "damn I hope she gets a real job one day!"  
biggrin.gif
Of course, that was years ago...

That article reminds me so much of the 50's backward "Leave it to Beaver" thinking that I never subscribed to...

"We want men to provide for us"  BAH!  Hell, all I want is a guy that appreciates me, laughs with me, adores me and that he gets the same in return; if he can do some laundry and run the vacuum cleaner, that's a bonus!  He probably appreciates that I can check the oil in the vehicles and that I don't mind taking out the trash or cutting grass...
tounge.gif

I don't need that "hunter/gatherer" guy in my life.  I like independence too much...
laugh.gif

Yep, self worth...if you think a woman that lives out her entire life taking care of house and home, hubby and kids makes for a happy and fulfilling marriage, watch "The Bridges of Madison County" and that's how I imagine most of 'em really feel
laugh.gif
 But, perhaps that's just me...

laugh.gif

I gotta get out of this thread! It's bringing back bad thoughts of my ex-wife!
mad.gif

I dated a career woman for over a yr.... she was 2 yrs from being a lawyer. Yeah I knew in the back of my mind that would never work. Now I date an architect...... man what have I done.
laugh.gif

I'm not saying there is ANYTHING wrong with anything YOU guys are doing personally.... to me the article rang true because he was quoting studies and statistics, not opinions, grampa's or Bible rules. What about that? He states statistically, you are more likely to get divorced by meeting someone at the office - I personally have seen that happen a number of times in various offices. How do you say THAT statistic is "50's mentality" when it is a CURRENT stat?

there is absolutely nothing obviously wrong with the women bringing home more, or all of the bacon. or is there? is there something wrong if statistically, the negative side affects have the greater share? --- again this is not talking about YOU GUY's personal lives, but the stats and generalizations as a whole

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156819086 -->

wooooooord

kournikova.jpg

er

kirsten_dunst_wallpapers_7_800_600.jpg

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156822110 -->

i thik marry'n a career women or any women for that matter has it pitfalls LOL  I think you'd have to be strong minded.  Especially if she made more than you.  I wouldn't mind.  More parts for the bike:D
OK this is an interesting point.  What do you do when your wife makes significantly more than you?  When we got married she had the perfect grades, 4.0 Math/Physics double major so I knew that as an Art Major there was a significant chance that she'd be outstripping my income in short order.  

But, I thought hell I'm a modern guy, it won't bother me.  So I had joined the Air Force and created a stability that allowed her to Graduate with a 4.0 and go straight into Graduate School at Creighton University also carrying a 4.0.  So I get out of the Air Force, we move to Tampa and she's doubling my pretty decent income working at Booz Allen.  DOOD it Bugged me quite a bit for a little while.  I was really bothered by the fact that she made so much more than I did until I realized that all it meant was more better toys, and a New Hayabusa!  
thumbs-up.gif
 I got right the hell over it pretty damn quick.   But it did take a little while.

But, I would sure the hell rather have to deal with a little bit of "odd" feelings about her making money and have lots of spare funds laying around, than have a woman sitting at home, doing nothing but sleeping with the Mailman, henning it up with the neighborhood Chickenheads, watching her "stories", and shopping...  Having to really watch our spending and sweating the details.

So now 5 years after she graduated, and 5 years since I got out of the military she more than doubles my income as an Art Director.  It took a little getting used to, but I've learned a few things.

1. You're NOT the man of the house because of the Money you contribute.  If that is the only way you know you're the man of the house?  You're not the man of your house.

2. Having the other half making alot more money than you is freeing.  Hell I don't have to work!  I took a year off from work and played "Parts Guy".  But I missed the Graphics gig and I suck as a parts guy.  Point is you find yourself not slaved to job because of benefits, or income, or need.  It's an amazing feeling.  

3. Educated, Intelligent women are the only way to go!  No fooling no "BUTS" about it.  They don't have to have a freaking Law degree, but intelligence and creativity is a must.  High Self Esteem follows, and intelligent women with good self asteem don't do stupid things.

4. Finally anytime you start feeling weird about your woman making so much more than you?  Go log into your Online Banking...Wierd feelings all gone.  
thumbs-up.gif

So I recommend whole heartedly everyone find yourselves a Sugar Mama, treat her right, and enjoy it.
WOW!!! A man who gets it!! It is so nice to hear a guy who has the self-confidence to prefer an intelligent woman. I am one of the luck 4.0 graduates who has found a man who also understands it. I really love the way you worded the things you learned, especially:

1. You're NOT the man of the house because of the Money you contribute. If that is the only way you know you're the man of the house? You're not the man of your house.

I honestly do not understand why so many men are intimidated by intelligent and confident women. Again, I am extremely lucky to have found a wonderful guy like Paul, GMbusa, who wants and expects me to use my intelligence instead of hide it like many others want.

thumbs-up.gif

Looks like an intentional "Single Topic Debate" for his periodical. I don't like his conservatively biased take on things but he does have good effort at arguing for a return to traditional family values and routines. Unfortunately, this society no longer accomodates that line of thought unless everybody drops the materialism and consumerism that drives the need for a dual-income household.

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156834047 -->

Many guys can afford some of their extra "toys" because their wives help support the family...

I wish I had a wife that worked. Then maybe I could get some more expensive mods done!

Unfortunately, this society no longer accomodates that line of thought unless everybody drops the materialism and consumerism that drives the need for a dual-income household.
good point. same problem causes unhappy housholds also, and divorce, and affairs....

so what is REALLY wrong here?

We're a band air society... not working out? take some drugs, try some therapy.... what we REALLY NEED to examine the INITIAL CAUSES... like maybe an affair at work? ok so why unhappy at home? cuz you spend more time at work to pay for 'stuff' and end up having more QUALITY time with a co-worker than your own spouse. but nobody likes to admit that. better to ask forgiveness than permission

Well, I think at the heart of any conversation like this, best we can all bring to the table are our personal experiences...

My experiences show that if I were that stay-at-home Mom, clean the house every day, have dinner ready, etc while the hubby provided for his family, I'd have a miserable hubby that resents seeing me at home with the kids all of the time, a hubby that is jealous of me seeing all the firsts with the kids, a guy that would look at what he thinks I do everyday as "nothing" compared to his ultra busy days...all of his resentment would likely lead to him not being happy in the marriage and *poof* we divorce anyway...
laugh.gif

I would not be able to stand my wife being at home. It would irritate the shid out of me being she got to stay home and do whatever she wanted...err read as cleaned the house and kept everythign up. HAH. Wifey and I had talked, since im a contractor, if I were to lose my job thank god we can rely on her. Like most have said its a great feeling.

However....

she did say if I lost my job I couldn't ride my busa all day long forever and I wuold have to get another job....man that was really a bummer. I was looking forward to being jobless and letting her foot my gas bill!!!!!

<!--EDIT|werdkat
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156867301 -->

Back