Don't Know Why I Went Down

Cold tires? Leaning too far or too quickly before the tires are up to temperature can cause "surprises" like that.

image.jpg

Gurrera

image.jpg

RedH, thanks for the good questions and solid advice. I really was hoping for tis line of input. I really don't want to sell it. It was dry clean pavement and I'm thinking that the way it happened so quick it was that I hit the throttle in gear. Easy mistake since I had it for a little more than a week at that time.

I have had crashes where i totaled the motorcycle and broke bones, and crashes like yours that were so minor i picked up the bike and rode it home with only cosmetic damages. I must admit that the slow easy drops bothered me the most mentally because they were rider errors and I lost confidence. But I never thought of not riding again, just was determined to work through the mental issues and re-build my confidence. If you are a little afraid of the Hayabusa, you should be and I think most of us here look at our bikes with great respect for the power a bike like this has no matter how many hours we have riding it. If you want to give up so easily then maybe that's the right thing to do because riding a bike like the Busa (or any 600cc + sport bike for that matter) is a risky business. If you cannot work past the fear to enjoy the awesome experience of riding a fast motorcycle then this sport is not for you.

PS: looks like you worked through it. Good for you!:thumbsup:

I took this photo from where its obvious. In real life I've had riders look at the bike for 15-
20 mins and not see it. Amazing that white duck tape would hide it so well. Also, in real life, slider is noticeably ground off about 1/16" and looks chewed-up. The slider saved this from being a real nasty outcome. Finally, cannot find the way to make the image right side up. Help on that one please.

Glad you're enjoying the bike after a shaky start...

To change pic direction, find picture in the folder, right click and look for "rotate clockwise" or "rotate counter clockwise", click, click and presto, right side up...

PS: I didn't even know they sold white duck tape lol

don't sell your bike, work through your issue and be conservative with your throttle until your ready, believe me you will know it. I am no expert by no means and have dropped my busa at slow stops or standing still twice now, just the other day I recovered from a slow slow awesome curve that I myself made the mistake of trying to go way way way to low on the busa with, didn't drop the bike, didn't miss the turn, just tried to go in to low and had to recover. It was the training that helped me with the quick recovery. Another reason that this didn't work as planned, tires were not even close to being warm, and I rolled off the throttle without looking through the turn. I was turning into the gas station. Imagine that. After thinking it through it was all my own fault. Nothing in my path was at fault just me. this is a curve i've done a million or so times!

Don't get to cockie either because ummm duh what I did above will happen. Work through it and you'll be good as gold. These guys and gals on here are the experts in my opinion and trust me you can learn from them. Just ask and be ready for criticism and breath and relax, it will make you a better rider.

Finally replaced the fairing after 11,000 mi. Looks great and runs real well after Dyno tuning and ECU flash. 181hp and 109tq. Really like the extra 500 revs but that's all I really notice from the flash done by a reputable tuner. I'm pretty close to doing head and cam to get some where around 216 horse. Hopefully all my friends with ZX14s will see is Busa tail lights. Finally, just for grins got a vanity plate MYBUSA. I know I'll probably dig in better from the initial hook.

Back