Don't Know Why I Went Down

snbusa

Registered
I was doing 8mph approach to right hand turn and cracking the throttle between downshifts and think I may have hit the throttle in gear and the bike (with passenger seat not hump) may have scooted out from underneath me...OR...going too slow for too much lean cased the bike to go down. Bike never turned but skidded straight on right hand slider for about 12 or so feet. Length of slide and fact that it did not land on me makes me think it was throttling it. It all happened so fast, I really don't remember. I fell hard slamming my helmet hard so it hurt a lot but not enough to do any damage. Three weeks have passed and it scared me enough to be pretty sure I'm going to sell the bike. I had a 750 Ninja about twenty years ago when I was 38. Rode it for a year or so. Am signed up for some training but may have just bought too much bike for an old dog. If I sell it. It won't be replaced.

Hate to see you sell it. It sounds like you may have slid the front tire on something in the road.

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

Were the tires scrubbed in? What year bike? Gravel or sand, wet leaves? I am an old guy, too. Dropped many a bike in many ways. I can't imagine giving up riding. There has to be a correctable reason for the fall.

I seem to drop everything BUT hayabusas. I'm on my second one.

Anyway, I am happy nothing serious happened to you. Don't be too hasty selling. You might regret it.

Dude, you are all over the place. This thread says that you wrecked it 3 weeks ago and that it has made you shaky in the knees but on other threads posted today you are asking how fast it is and how much HP, explaining how you have a new bike, etc. I'm lost, which is it?

I'm asking because I'm not going that fast. Asking for some advice on two different topics.

RedH, thanks for the good questions and solid advice. I really was hoping for tis line of input. I really don't want to sell it. It was dry clean pavement and I'm thinking that the way it happened so quick it was that I hit the throttle in gear. Easy mistake since I had it for a little more than a week at that time.

Maybe you can get some of these for a Busa :dunno:

training_wheels_motorcycle.jpg

Red, Thanks again for the encouragement. Since 10/30/12 I've put 7500mi on the bike and rarely miss a day rain or shine. I'm having a great time and have improved to the point where I'm comfortable. Thanks also to other members who kept me up on two wheels. I've got a good group of guys to ride with and my Dealer always makes me comfortable in his store. Its pretty amazing. I've started working out again and doing lots of work around the house because I'm just feeling good. I'm really proud that at 58 years old I could handle a Busa after more than 20 years off the seat. I'm blowing my own horn a little bit but I'm more grateful than anything that I could find something at this stage of life that makes me so look forward to each day.

Glad you didn't give up on it. When I went down in 2005 I broke my right femur and my left ankle. When my then girlfriend, now wife showed up to shock trauma the only thing I wanted to know from her was if she was going to let me ride again. Accidents happen and hopefully we learn from them and it makes us safer better riders.

Pics or it didn't happen...
I took this photo from where its obvious. In real life I've had riders look at the bike for 15-
20 mins and not see it. Amazing that white duck tape would hide it so well. Also, in real life, slider is noticeably ground off about 1/16" and looks chewed-up. The slider saved this from being a real nasty outcome. Finally, cannot find the way to make the image right side up. Help on that one please.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back