Don't go to "Best Buy" in McCaysville, GA

CrashTestDanny

Registered
Well, Fate was supposed to man up and make a post here about our side-trip to Best Buy, but I guess he's just hoping it will go away...

Not bloody likely! Especially since Dennis and I both missed an hour or two of riding at the bash because of it...

Anyone at the Bash will recall, it began raining around 10am Thursday and the forecast indicated rain all day long. Of course, Dennis and I had two runs through the dragon and back and had eaten breakfast by then. So we rode back to the Philips, getting drenched in the process (You know it's a serious rain when the guy riding an ST gets wet). About this time, Fate says "Let's go to Best Buy! I Googled it and the nearest one is in McCaysville, GA."

Score: Google 1 - Fate 0. There IS a "Best Buy" in McCaysville. It really wasn't even that tough to find. Trouble is, it was a quilting supplies store and did not carry any of the stuff that Dennis and I expected to see there (as far as we know - we didn't actually go in).

Now, the nearest Best Buy (consumer electronics) to Robbinsville is somewhere up around Knoxville, TN, But from McCaysville, it would be Chatanooga, TN - so that's where we ended up - about a 300 mile round trip courtesy of Fate and Google. When we got back, the weather was beautiful for riding and guys were saying it cleared up a couple hours earlier... We had to console Dennis quite a bit over his lost riding time...
biggrin.gif

Fate was crying about forgetting his cross stitch the whole drive out from St Louis. He finally broke us down while trapped with him in the Philllips because of the rain. I mean how many times can someone hear "I could be cross stitching right now." So we took him to McCaysville to get a new sampler. Don't let him con you into thinking he was looking for a Best Buy for a battery charger. That's just the cover story he made us agree to.

ices_rofl.gif
can one of you guys knit me a motorcycle cover?
eek2.gif

Now that's funny!

Later on that night around the campfire, they created this crocheted gem...

ridingsun_knitBike.jpg

actually, i would rather have a helmet cozy
all_coholic.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(warbrown @ May 06 2007,07:14) Now that's funny!  

Later on that night around the campfire, they created this crocheted gem...
That is too cool! Looks just like my old Suzuki GS-550E - except mine was black.

I think I gotta get one of those!

You guys know way too much terminology. Careful you don't get to the point of having to turn in your man cards.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back