Don't forget to scrub em in boys!!!!!!

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Ya that's right I took off today to warm her up for an oil change and forgot that I put on a new rear tire a couple weeks ago and hadn't yet riden on it DOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Puled out of the drive way and made a right turn and very slow take off because there was a CHP sitting in my driveway (that's another story), seriously no hard acceleration at all but that rear tire broke loose and the whole bike went sideways instantly, freaked me out:oh: I was like WTF, fortunatly I didn't loose it and go down but I couldn't believe how easy the whole bike almost went out from under me at such a slow speed, it felt like I was on oil coated ice, pavement was dry and warm but that tire had absoloutly no grip at all, moral of the story, Don't forget you got new tires on before you hit the road.:thumbsup:

Damn I need to go for a ride, it's been way too long.

Wish I had Accelerated Slowly :moon:

Anyways gladd you will join Pardini and I tomorrow for the Ride :thumbsup:

Wish I had Accelerated Slowly :moon:

Anyways gladd you will join Pardini and I tomorrow for the Ride :thumbsup:

Ya I'm anxious and ready to go, I'm long overdue for a good ride, I think it's been about 2 months since I've been out on the Busa. The weather is warmin up, spring is right around the corner & lookin forward to more coastal rides, gotta go hit Skaggs Rd and Annapolis Rd again, those are just plain awesome.:thumbsup:

I've never understood the "new tire" theory. According to our wholesale tire Rep., the only place mold release agent is used at all anymore is on the sidewall so the fine print is readable, nothing on the tread at all.
I've never noticed any new tire problems, and if they're the same brand/type of tires, I scuff a new rear tire from edge to edge within 5 miles from the shop. Always makes me wonder when I hear these kind of stories.

Glad you made the save though. Would have been ugly to dump it right in front of a cop.:laugh:

Last edited:
Done things like this. Twice. :laugh: :whistle: Scary both times. You'd think I'd learn.

Glad to hear that it didn't go completely wrong for you. Check this guy out...

- brand new gixxer crash[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that sucks. I got new F&R tires not too long ago and all it took was a few miles to wear off the shiny outer coating and a few slow figure 8's in a parking lot. After that it was good to go in less than 5 miles.:rulez:

Glad to hear that it didn't go completely wrong for you. Check this guy out...

- brand new gixxer crash[/url]

That's pretty much exactly what it did, ass end of the bike swung to the left due to tire spin, after the little fishtail I looked in the mirror and saw the black mark from the tire on the road. Maybe there is no mold release agent on the tread section of new tires but I can tell you that the smoothness of this new tire provided absoloutly zero traction.

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you were able to save it :beerchug:

now, just stash the underwear at the bottom of the hamper so no one sees them :laugh:

glad you were able to save it. I'm not sure if it makes any difference but I try to thoroughly wipe a new tire down with brake clean to remove any residue that may be on the tire and I have never felt a new tire do what you describe.

In my dirt modified (circle track) days when we would mound up new tires we would wipe them down with methanol to remove any release agent/residue to prevent the tire from glazing over on the first heat cycle. (we were told by a highly reputable racer that the release agent on the tires would make the tires glaze worse, wether it was true or not I dont know but we did it anyway.)

Back