Dont buy from busaboyz1980!! Crooks!!!

sorry for that man, i learned about buying used are engine parts like this a while ago, they usually come off a blown up motor, someone trying to recoup their money and get it back running, which in they may or may not know its bad and rarely ever will stand behind it. if i buy anything used like this its gonna be local where you have to tell me to my face your not gonna give me my grand or whatever back.

It just keep getting better and better. The guy on one of the forums is claiming that Im lying and I didnt buy the head from him. And whats funny is niether him nor his brother can get the story straight.

From researching the supposed brother based on him posts he sounds like a hustler at the track. More then likely this was on a grudge bike that he ran the dog piss out of till the motor failed. Who really knows. Bob C said the exhaust valve seals were hammered. Probably got some PTV action once the valves started floating or springs gave out. Cracked the head allowing coolant to leak in and start smoking. So they pulled it and sold everything off. But who really knows

That is jacked up. Some people are really screwed up in the head. I cant ever understand why some people would do this to people. Its the freaking Holidays to, WTF. I hope that guy gets what he deserves. Sorry for your misfortune.

Oh man... sorry to hear. Never ever ever ever pay cash/money order with anyone from the internet... even if it's a fellow member on a forum. I don't care how cool the person seems to be. Trust no one. I've been hustling on eBay since 7th grade. I even had a decent little side business by buying things on craigslist and reselling them. I've met my fair share of scammers as a buyer and as a seller. So fortunately, I was always privy to the latest scam methods.

The money order scam actually had been one of the the most common on craigslist during the summer. The story usually is that they're out of town and/or are in another state for the time being but can overnight the item to you. They give you a name to send the money order to and tell you that they'll only be able to retrieve the cash once you're "satisfied" and/or "receive" the item. The truth is they can retrieve it as soon as you send it. Moneygram, Western Union, etc. don't put "holds" on sent payments. The name is usually a stolen identity or completely fake. If they text message you, it's probably from a google voice number or a pay as you go phone. Basically, they make it very difficult to trace them. In this case, you have more information than most people so consider yourself lucky. The guy actually sent you some thing and you have a lot of his stats. The best you can do is probably go to small claims court... I have no idea how to go about that seeing as that he's from a completely different far away state. I don't even know if it's worth the time for $1000 because you'll probably pay more for a lawyer alone.

I know that sinking feeling though so I feel for you. I once sold a MacBook Pro on eBay to some guy from Kazakhstan for $975. The buyer's story kept changing. First he said he got it but the box was empty. Then he said he never got it. I told him most likely his post office stole it (happens in a lot of 3rd world countries) and in that case his issue was with his post office, not me. PayPal gave him back his money and then gave it back to me after I provided them all the tracking information and receipt for the postage. Then PayPal took it back again 2 months later because he had used his credit card company to charge back PayPal, which meant PayPal charged me back. PayPal informed me that most credit card companies side with their customer because they deal with the customer 24/7... where as a small time seller like me, they only deal with once. They said they win 20% of their cases which is apparently the best rate out there. It took about 8 months to finally get my money. In between that time, the buyer threatened to leave negative feedback (he never did though). The buyer's downfall was that he had requested reimbursement from USPS (the shipper) AND PayPal... so he'd get double the money back. Mine ended with a happy ending, but I know there was an 80% chance it could have very easily gone the other way around. After that ordeal, I stay away from shipping to 3rd world countries even if it's backed by PayPal.

After that mess, the closest I ever came to getting scammed was some guy was selling iPhone 4s wholesale on craigslist. The prices weren't "too good to be true" and I knew I could make a good profit on it. They even had an actual business name, phone number, and a supposed office in Midtown. I wanted to buy about $30k worth of stock. It started getting sketchy when they wanted my account number and SS number to "wire" 50% of the money to their account before they would meet with me to deliver the product. I googled everything about them and found out the main guy had been all over the East Coast scamming people and that there was a girl who worked with him who pretended to be his "secretary." She was the one who was making the deals with me. So of course I never went through with it.

Basically... always use your credit card... or PayPal... and most importantly, trust no one.

Its definately a kick in the pants!!

I should have followed my gut and I didnt.

Its just mind numbing that he/they or whatever are denying I bought the head from them. Was really no point in arguing because they are gonna say whatever to make themselves look innocent. Thats why I posted it on all the busa forums I know of.....

Back