Don't buy a fender eliminator, you have one already!

MONSTRBUSA

Registered
I took off the reflectors and rear fender today and was planning on stopping by the bike shop tomorrow to pick up a plate mount. After I got the rear fender off I was looking at the reflector mounts and noticed that they would work perfect for a plate mount. I removed the relfectors from the mount and bolted the mount to the undertail in the factory bolt holes and the plate fit perfect. I drilled two holes in the reflector mounts for the plate and that's it. Saved me $20:laugh:

002.jpg
[/IMG]

003.jpg
[/IMG]

002.jpg
[/IMG]

004.jpg
[/IMG]

The original thread that I saw when I bought my bike and came the the .Org used all the OEM parts and brackets. No drilling, no additional parts or hardware.

Pull the fender, use the rear reflector brackets to remount the OEM plate bracket under the tail using the stock mounting holes, bolts, nuts and washers that were removed.

Ingenious, I just added a lighted LED plate frame.

I put it in the two back holes (closest to the rear of the bike) first, but I didn't like the look. I like the looks of it being farther in and it's not as easy to see:thumbsup:

I wonder if the police will give you a hard time for plate not being very visible????

dont know how the fit is compared to the gen 1, but i tried the same thing. problem was the plate would rub the wheel (not lowered btw) and ruined the plate. i now have the plate mount attached to the passenger foot peg, and i like it even better :thumbsup:

Do you ride at night ? You're inviting a traffic stop. Nice job. Been hearing about this and thinking about it too.

I wonder if the police will give you a hard time for plate not being very visible????

The plate on my old bike was mounted in front of the rear tire just up enough that you could see the tops of the letters and I never caught any heat for it. Hopefully this will be same:laugh:

It all depends on the cop. Many jurisdictions can write you a violation for alterations to the plate in any way. Including bending.

That being said, mine is relocated.

It all depends on the cop. Many jurisdictions can write you a violation for alterations to the plate in any way. Including bending.

That being said, mine is relocated.

I think Texas police officers tend to be pretty lenient with motorcyclists in general, at least that has been my experience. Maybe not so much in other states?

I think Texas police officers tend to be pretty lenient with motorcyclists in general, at least that has been my experience. Maybe not so much in other states?

In all honesty, I feel like riding a sportbike in these parts paints a sign on me that reads "ASSHAT" for all the cops to see. Especially with those big ol' Busa tags on the fairings. Whenever I tell someone I ride a Busa the typical response is "aren't those things real fast?" or "Do you keep the front wheel down?" For some reason I feel these same comments from the general public are probably carried over on the police force as well.

I'm not saying my feelings are warranted, but.... I like to keep it low key. Anyone else feel this way? Just curious if anyone else feels like they have a target on their back :dunno:

here is what I did with my plate. WV law, can't hide plate like that so I made one out of some aluminum stock. it's sort of centered on the can, mainly so it would still fit through the front door:laugh:

P161010_20_12.jpg

NC cops aaint a big fan of mods like this, but i did the exact same thing, i have a 240 kit and everynow n then it will hit the tire and get all bent up. plus its illegal cause there is no tag light. so just look out for that. or go to auto zone and buy you some LED to put about it.

Back