Don't bother sageronin

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
OK, so here's the deal... One of my customers has Redskins season tickets and sends a few my way once in a while. He was on vacation last week, so I get his two tickets to the last preseason game against the Ravens. I mentioned it to D.J. last Saturday on our ride to the Chesapeake, and he was excited to come along. (even though he has a mental disorder and is a Dallas fan, he'd never been to Fedex Field before, so he was excited to just soak in the ambiance.) Anyway, the morning of the game, he called me and cancelled because he must have gotten a bit spooked by the weather forecast which called for overcast skies and the chance of a raindrop or two before tropical storm Ernesto rolled in. I was a little confused at first, but when he explained how he was getting over a cold and didn't want to possibly jeapordize the healing process, I completely understood. Memories of my ailing grandfather flooded my mind as I recalled how he stuggled to maintain a healthy equilibrium in his later years, so I felt bad for D.J. as he struggles with that now. We can only imagine what he's going through now as his health and quality of life declines... Irregularity, aching joints, E.D., who knows how long the list might be now that he's past 50. I called Mr. Snyder to see if he'd take pity on D.J.'s plight, but he refused my request to join him in the owners box! Can you believe that? He said he'd already promised it to some "Make a Wish Foundation" or something like that. Oh well... I tried. In the end, it turned out school was preemptively cancelled for the next day due to Ernesto, so I took my 8 yr, old son instead. Sorry D.J., I hope you're feeling better now.
tounge.gif

P.S. The weather was perfect and not a drop of rain fell. Unfortunatley, the game was "less than inspirational" for the 'Skins fans, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless. Anyway, the cheerleaders were a lot more fun to watch than third stringers waiting to get cut.

Oh, that's funny! Everybody's still got to get past the Steelers!

I'm sorry about your condition Warren. I call it Redskinitis. My girlfriend has it. Maybe you guys will see the light one day and root for another team.
biggrin.gif

Go Eagles!
laugh.gif

I'm sorry about your condition Warren. I call it Redskinitis. My girlfriend has it. Maybe you guys will see the light one day and root for another team.  
biggrin.gif

Go Eagles!  
laugh.gif
Eagles??? You'd better see a doctor quick. That almost as severe a demetia as sageronin's cowboys.

I would not chance my health to go see a bunch of indians play football either!

Unless they are the CHIEFS that is!
biggrin.gif

Yep ... I deserve that
sad.gif
... especially as I saw that there was not a drop of rain coming down all evening. In my defense though ... coming home from Warren's house after the "Ride to VA" I got caught in a serious downpour ... soaked all the way through ... I'm still sneezing 7 days later!
Anyway my brother ... more bad news ... Biketoberfest is on the same weekend as my investment club meeting in October
sad.gif
... but I'll try to make it all up to you by letting you play with Raptor or Diablo as soon as I get them back ... promise!!

sad.gif

It's all good DJ... I just had to
poke.gif
when not a drop of rain fell. My son and I had a great time anyway. He'd never been to a game before, so he was wide-eyed the whole time. (Not quite as wide-eyed as me looking at the cheerleaders however)
smile.gif

Back