Done it again.

newman

Registered
Went for a ride yesterday, and about 10 mins from home the oil light came on.

Me of course I start panicking, was on bit of road where I couldn't stop for a few hundred yards, so I slow down and think I'll nurse it up the road, I had visions of a seized engine.

It's amazing how many things can go through your mind so quickly like.

Right I checked the oil before I came out.

Has the bolt worked itself loose.

Is oil going to get all over my tyre and I'll fall off.

What was that line of stuff on the road on my way home was it my oil leaking, no it was on the wrong side of the road.

Have I got my breakdown phone number on me.

Then looking down again I realise It's my fuel light not my oil light.

Big sigh of relief.

The thing is this is not the first time I've done this, I think it is the fourth.:laugh:

I don't know why I keep doing this.

To other readers...
IF.. your oil light comes on DO NOT nurse the bike. Pull the clutch in immediately and KILL the engine. Every engine RPS (Revulotions Per Second) counts with oil circulation in an engine.

Are you color blind Fuel is Orange and Oil is Red :dunno: Maybe you have a GENI and they arent color coded :dunno:

And I thought fuel was yellow :laugh: When are you turning the keys over to Lynne ?

Got a Gen II.
No not colour blind just stupid.:laugh:

Just keep on doing it.:laugh:

Gets your heart going though.

You need some sticky notes to make bigger labels for those lights, lemme talk to Lynn and we'll get ya fixed up straight away. :laugh:

look at the bright side, your paying attention to your instrument cluster and noticed that something is a miss. you might want to tote a gas can around for added insurance. :laugh:

Back