Donating members having probs with upload center?

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
For those of you who don't know, one of the perks of becoming a donating member is access to the Upload Center -some of the best uses are the ability to store images and post multiple images in the same thread -- this allows you to store some pics without have to go through an unaffliated image host, like photobucket, etc.  Many of us upload out avatar and or signature banners there.  Anyway, in addition to Upload Center access, donating status also brings the ability to resize you avatar up to 96 x 96 (it is easy to check and see what size your avatar is by placing your cursor over it and right clicking, in the menu, scroll down and click on "Properties" and read the image dimensions.

Anyway, if you are a donating member and you are having difficulty, have questions or just want to stop someone from doing thier nails, then let me know.  If you are having problems with the upload center, I can help you fix it - if you want to resize your avatar, I can help get you through that process as well.  This way the "Brains" of this organization can get to the business of making this a better place.  I've got a little juice now, and I intend to use it!  (Besides, I learned awhile ago that the Noob is expected to carry his weight!
smile.gif
)

So what ya got?

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156897219 -->

upload center never worked for me... i just thought it didnt work for anyone since i never saw anyone complain about it...

I just need more space!
biggrin.gif
1MB of space just isn't enuf!
tounge.gif

Hey, it would be nice if sometime you resized my avatar for me,,, please!!

you should be able to do it yourself.
click on "your control panel"
then "personal info"
then "avatar options"
goto the bottom of the page and you should be able to change the dimensions. Just play with the numbers until your picture looks the way you want it to.

then "personal info"
then "avatar options"
goto the bottom of the page and you should be able to change the dimensions.  Just play with the numbers until your picture looks the way you want it to.
+1...
If it is a problem with the original image (are you using one you uploaded to the board on the avatar page, or are you linking to some other photohosting location?)

Get with me if for some reason you still have problems after performing JWCFBD's instructions.

Are you the Keeper of the Toasters now?  
laugh.gif
No brother Omar, the Lovely VaBs still keeps those inside a vault forged from unobtainium and guarded by Keebler elves -
I am merely trying to whick some of the lower level tasks off her plate so she can pay full attention to her nails and ruling the corner with her iron fist!

then "personal info"
then "avatar options"
goto the bottom of the page and you should be able to change the dimensions. Just play with the numbers until your picture looks the way you want it to.
+1...
If it is a problem with the original image (are you using one you uploaded to the board on the avatar page, or are you linking to some other photohosting location?)

Get with me if for some reason you still have problems after performing JWCFBD's instructions.
I read somewhere in a post waaaaay back that in order to get the larger avatar, one had to use a URL for the image - i.e. upload it to the 'Upload Center' or use a photo-hosting site.

If it was just 'uploaded' to the board, it wouldn't work.

I may be wrong here, but I know that's what I had to do to get my avatar larger (uploaded to my Upload Center).

then "personal info"
then "avatar options"
goto the bottom of the page and you should be able to change the dimensions.  Just play with the numbers until your picture looks the way you want it to.
+1...

I read somewhere in a post waaaaay back that in order to get the larger avatar, one had to use a URL for the image - i.e. upload it to the 'Upload Center' or use a photo-hosting site.

If it was just 'uploaded' to the board, it wouldn't work.

I may be wrong here, but I know that's what I had to do to get my avatar larger  (uploaded to my Upload Center).
For some reason, and I know that I don't speak clear computereze - it is difficult to manipulate an image that is uploaded to the avatar page - but is done simply by showing your desired size when refering to another URL - your image kind of has to be 96 x 96 when you upload it to the avatar for it to show 96 x 96 when you select it.

laugh.gif
No brother Omar, the Lovely VaBs still keeps those inside a vault forged from unobtainium and guarded by Keebler elves -
I am merely trying to whick some of the lower level tasks off her plate so she can pay full attention to her nails and ruling the corner with her iron fist!
See, now that's a nice man!!!
biggrin.gif
LOL. ....now get back to yer nails!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
See, now that's a nice man!!!  
biggrin.gif
LOL.  ....now get back to yer nails!  
laugh.gif
Shush...I'm multi-tasking...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back