donating member?

The Oracle

Registered
What's with the "Group: Donating Member" sign that isn't under my avatar??

I don't feel the love...

If I recall, I donated a HEFTY chunk of change to the Capn's busa fund... Or, is that some other fund that I needed to donate too??

BTW-did you donkeys ever get him a bike or what?

-V

A while back, captain finally accepted donations "just 'cause"...those that donated are noted as donating members...we all got free toaster ovens and the promise of world peace...
laugh.gif

Captain handed the site over the cache...he's in charge nowadays...
smile.gif
I'm sure donations for no reason other than to say "hey, thanks" are still appreciated and you could get special treatment too...
cool.gif

Well, I think his son got a bike for christmas,The site needed some upgrading so I think he decided if he could get members to donate to the cause, he would give some perks, like the twirly thing,avatar enlargement,custom status above your avatar,and depending on how large your donation was, you could go from 3000 posts to 13000 post! Pm cache if you want to donate to the "site", this is different than the "buy captain a bike" fund, he'll hook you up on the details. NJ.:)
smile.gif

NJ is right... except for the depending on how large your donation was, you could go from 3000 posts to 13000 post! [/QUOTE] part
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Have a donated 1
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

yeah he bought his kid a cool new dirt bike for Christmas, took pics and talked about the whole story leading up to the surprise when he opened the garage.......Was pretty cool. Can't remember what the topic was but someone might be able to post the link to the tread for ya.

I don't feel the love...

If I recall, I donated a HEFTY chunk of change to the Capn's busa fund...  Or, is that some other fund that I needed to donate too??

-V
Hey O' Oracious One... don't get too enthused or excited about the spinning balls because they really HURT LIKE HELL!!! The permanently placed balls are the much better choice....
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Good to see ya stoppin in Oracle
beerchug.gif
How's the racing going for ya?

at least those spinning balls ain't got no stubblies....they look pretty smooth!

wow.gif
laugh.gif

I don't feel the love...

If I recall, I donated a HEFTY chunk of change to the Capn's busa fund...  Or, is that some other fund that I needed to donate too??

-V
The Busa was never going to happen.
sad.gif
It finally came down to Captain asking us to help buy his son a bike with the money saved up for his Busa. We put it up for a vote and everyone agreed to hand the money over to Capt. Here is the link to a very Merry Christmas for his family.
cool.gif

The donating members is when Captain finally let us send him some money to help cover the cost of the site. Anyone that sent him money got the spinning balls and a few other perks.

Back