Donated blood today and...

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, well today was the Big Blood-drive day at work, so I thought...hmmm, I think I'm gona donate some blood.

Got me some free juice, answered a bunch of questions, and than got stuck with the needle. First minute wasn't bad, but than that real hot and tingly feeling hit me. The staff got me a cold towel, talked nice stuff to me...but continued to suck the blood out of me...well finished up, and they told me next time to actually eat within 12 hours of donating...umm, my bad.

Than they tell me not to do any strenous activity...like fast paced walking, and I should go get a big lunch. I asked if riding my motorcycle was ok to go and get lunch and than almost passed out from feeling real tingly and hot again...and than they all looked shocked and started to bring me more cookies, and juicy drinks...and said no Busa riding....sigh

So Im sitting here at work, feeling all woozy and have to ride home in a few hours...atleast I have fig newtons and cookies to eat on the ride home
smile.gif

laugh.gif
I've given blood a few time and got lucky to never get woozy. Take it easy for a while and eat more cookies.

I will take the back roads home, so I can keep visor up a little. I will keep a few cookies in my tank bag, and munch on em while cruising through the bad part of north Minneapolis....who gona mess with a guy eating cookies on a Busa
tounge.gif

I donated once last summer, had ridden the Busa there...first time EVER that I had to sit for about 30 minutes after they'd finished because I nearly passed out...

I didn't eat any lunch before I donated; they said that was a big no-no...it was not fun!

It'll pass...you do need to eat something...wait 'til that wooziness is completely gone because you CAN pass out...

BUSA + passed out =

Ok...well it is now raining outside right now, and I keep drifting off (Sleepy feeling)...this is just wonderful. I guess life is full of challenges....fig newtons and juicy drinks just aint doing it for me...more coffee I guess
sad.gif

The blood suckers up here dont like the looks of me (can you imagine that) they figure I'm bound to have hepititus or something because of a few old tattoo's and lots of girls that insisted on taking me to bed. Dummies. I got a rare blood type too.

O well,no free cookies for me.

Eat a chocolate candy bar.  That will boost your blood sugar a bit.  Did they check your blood pressure?
yah, they gave me a once over...my blood pressure is usually low, my body temp was 97.4 (always run low...not sure why), red-blood cell count was great...Im gona do the candy bar thing...not real happy about eating sugar, as I havent ate any sugar for almost 3 years...so Im sorta getting a sugar high off the cookies..lol

They didnt say anything about my tattoo's...gues they were equal-opportunity vampires.

I donate platelets every three weeks here in Tn. They don't mind my tattoos. They just ask if you got them from a licensed tattoo artist.

Dan

(quoting Mitch Hedburg...........)

I went to the Doctor the other day, and all he wanted to do was get blood out of me.

Dont go see. Dr. Acula!

just make sure you dont toss the cookies and spill the juice lol

I've donated over 5 gallons...............but last year I had a bad experience. I rode to Boulder to donate, finished and had a few cookies and juices.........sat a while........and then drove home. I decided to stop to get a haircut. Stopped in a small town (Berthoud) and walked in the shop......had to wait for one to finish and one ahead of me (old time barber!!!). Got in the chair and halfway through started to pass out!!!
sad.gif
Since nobody was in the shop anymore, I asked if it would be alright to lay on the floor. Laid there for about 5 minutes and started feeling better, so got back in the chair to finish. After about two minutes, I asked him just how fast he could finish me up, since I was starting to have the room spin again. He finished up in 1 - 2 minutes and I quickly laid back down on the floor. It must have been a funny sight! Then proceeded to drive home...another 15 minutes.....with the air conditioner going full blast!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I finally got enough courage to try again just two months ago, so I'm due again!

Now, here is something that will help..............always eat breakfast or lunch before donating..........and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!! Use the old saying, "If yer pees not clear, you ain't had enough beer!) ((without the beer, of course))...........That will help you the next time!!!
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back