dogbones too tight

They are very very tight bro...if I remember correctly the nut is 15mm or 17mm...you have to bust the nut loose. It's almost impossible to do it on the bolt side. Hold the bolt side with a wrench or socket...may have to have one of the boys hold that side for you...for the nut...get the biggest ratchet you have, or use a cheater bar. It will pop pretty good when it breaks loose.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess the crappy tools that came with the bike aren't going to cut it. I had the bike on a rear stand and couldn't break those bolts loose if my life depended on it.

I live in an apartment and don't have squat to wrench with.

Thanks for the help, I'll have to take my bike to a friends and try it again.

ahh the tools with the bike are really for very basic maintenance. Use a good quality 6 point socket on those nuts/bolts or you'll start stripping them pretty quick.

Run down to a.muffler shop or somewhere and give em $10 to zip em loose with an impact wrench. Worth the money to save the headache of using hand tools.
Droid Via Tapatalk

They are very very tight bro...if I remember correctly the nut is 15mm or 17mm...you have to bust the nut loose. It's almost impossible to do it on the bolt side. Hold the bolt side with a wrench or socket...may have to have one of the boys hold that side for you...for the nut...get the biggest ratchet you have, or use a cheater bar. It will pop pretty good when it breaks loose.
Posted via Mobile Device

Has Ron shrank :laugh: :poke: Just use your strong hand thumb and index finger Ron :laugh:

I guess the crappy tools that came with the bike aren't going to cut it. I had the bike on a rear stand and couldn't break those bolts loose if my life depended on it.

I live in an apartment and don't have squat to wrench with.

Thanks for the help, I'll have to take my bike to a friends and try it again.

It helps if you remove the mufflers my brother.

Ship it to me, I have an impact wrench~!~

I'd send you the impact but it takes a lot of hard blowing to operate it and you'll look kinda funny laying under your bike with your face turning purple :laugh:

PS: Don't know about gen 1 but gen 2 are 14mm and 17mm

I did mine a while back so I don't remember if there was even space for this but, try using a pipe or something for some extra leverage.

Ship it to me, I have an impact wrench~!~

I'd send you the impact but it takes a lot of hard blowing to operate it and you'll look kinda funny laying under your bike with your face turning purple :laugh:

PS: Don't know about gen 1 but gen 2 are 14mm and 17mm

Yeah, Gen II:laugh:

Back