Dogbone lower bolt direction

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I am making a mount that may attach to the lower dogbone bolt.

I want to make sure that I have not turned this bolt around to make it easier to install at some point.

Can someone take a look at the gen II (that has not had this bolt out) and let me know if the factory sticks the bolt in from the left side or the right side of the bike?

100_2214.jpg

I am working with a manufacturer on something that would be beneficial for some that have a Gen II. I just want to make sure it's right for everyone elses bike before sending the prototype back.

Anyone~?~

Last edited:
I called the bike shop and looks like mine is showing in the correct direction~!~

Very much, thank you...gives me confidence that 200 pieces won't be made with the mount on the wrong side. Would still work but be a PITA.

what are you working on? just curious...I understand if it should be kept quiet...making your own parts is always good.

I am making a mount that may attach to the lower dogbone bolt.

I want to make sure that I have not turned this bolt around to make it easier to install at some point.

Can someone take a look at the gen II (that has not had this bolt out) and let me know if the factory sticks the bolt in from the left side or the right side of the bike?

I just replaced my dog bones this morning with a riser kit.....and can confirm that the nut is on the right side of the bike.

what are you working on? just curious...I understand if it should be kept quiet...making your own parts is always good.

It's not a secret, but at the same time out of respect for the manufacturer I should probably let him decide when to show what's being made. As soon as I get one that's the final product I'll post up some pics...

all-n-all it doesn't matter which direction the bolt is mounted. Same goes for the shock mounting bolts.

Sometimes we switch directions around to make something easier (like the little trick you showed me on the rear axle :thumbsup:) and I wanted to make sure that if a mount is designed to go to this bolt that I put it on the side the nut is on for everyone elses bike, not just mine.

just make sure you've got at least three mounting points for whatever you might be attaching to the bike. :beerchug:

Back