Dogbone advise needed.

Hawke

Registered
Hi all,
Hawke from sunny South Africa here
,joined the forum some weeks ago and needing help,from all the bus experts.

Bought my 2007 Bus two weeks ago and it has been lowered all the way down.It was bought from a guy in a different province(state) where the roads are more suited for lower bikes.I now need to make it standard,however only the lowered dogbones/links are there which are non -adjustable.I could surely fabricate my own std dogbones, but I dont know the distance between centres on holes for standard dogbones.Any help will be much appreciated.:please:

PM Goldenchild he can get you the measurements or send you a set cheap

Stock dog bones can be picked up extremely cheap used also. I've seen bad things happen when people try to make this part and it does not come out as strong as it needs to be. One part you don't want to skimp on with inferior metal.

I see a set out there now for a 2007 for $13 BIN with free shipping. I wouldn't take anything away from our sponsors here but stock is cheap, why try to make them if you are going stock height?

Edit: Unless it cost a fortune to ship to your location...

most lowering links have multiple holes, set on shorter distance and that is back to stock....Nothing to SA is cheap unless in SA... I have plenty though if you need them..

I wouldn't fabricate suspension parts at home. Get a factory set if the ones you have don't adjust back up to standard.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Back