Dog Fights (Pit Bulls)

The black great dane with white chest is Apollo.

and this is Shakespeare

Shakespeare.JPG

And i believe this is either the first day I brought Apollo home or one of the first days. I'm so glad they get along so well
beerchug.gif

IMG_5127.JPG

I think we should find that guy in the black mask and put him in the ring with a couple of dogs and let him get is a$$ beat down!

Lucky, do you know what you have gotten yourself into with that Dane?
laugh.gif

We have a dane/mastiff. He's 3 now, about 140 pounds. And I really didn't think he would survive the first year of his life. Talk about a home-wrecker!! Holy CRAP!

1. Ate a softball size hole in the PLASTER wall.
2. Tore out the bottom screens of our enclosed pool. (We have since replaced it all with aluminum sheeting.
3. Ate the pool vaccum
4. Ate the pool hose.
5. Ate the venitian blinds
6. Dug pits in the backyard to lead to either hell or china.. I never wanted to investigate that closely.

But man, is he a lover. Great cuddle dog, loves attention, follows us everywhere, loves attention, loves kids, loves attention, loves to play ball in the pool, loves attention, well mannered, loves attention... oh, and did I say he loves attention?

post_12_81761_Big_Pup_1.jpg

Makes me sick to my stomach.

Any time you need to hide your face to explain something about your life....how good can it be?

Klu Klux Klan,dog-fighters,terorists.... there is our first clue.

A real man should never need to hide his face.

F-ing cowards.

RSD.

First off I would not watch that video for fear that I am at work, but rather that I would kill the computer with vomit and then I would be a raging a@@ too everyone the rest of the day.

I volunteered for years at a very pit friendly rescue society and was personally responsible for adopting out 100's of pits. They managed to keep my attention, love and admiration. We now have 3 rescue dogs: Maverick is the 29 pound runt that could barely stand when he was brought in as a pup. Charlie is a PIT BULL, my loving girl and never leaves my side no matter what. She was beaten by children for the first 2 years of her life and almost all the scars have healed (only took 4 years). She is now just a lover and is around people and kids all the time. The last is a pure bred doberman that was left for dead after someone spent over $3,300 dollars for her. She is very active and her name is Cassody. We had a Pit that passed away named Goose, another foster pit named Hollywood, a foster Dane named Merlin, and countless others.

I love animals and it kills me to see the pain in their eyes when they encounter bad people. My point of view is that "It is a very insecure individual that pushes a stronger animal to do what they can't. They will do only what they have been taught."

Here is a picture of my girl and the link to some of our dogs.

Cassody on my lap_769019359_l.jpg

Cassody the first day she came home_769019171_l.jpg

Charlie by the pool_769077025_l.jpg

Charlie Giving kisses and Maverick trying to find room_769076963_l.jpg

Charlie guarding the door_769076941_l.jpg

Charlie_502414015_m.jpg

Cossody in chase of Charlie_769019599_l.jpg

Diamond (adopted pit)_769077157_l.jpg

DSC01798_502414023_l.jpg

Guarding the sink_2283708123_l.jpg

Helping me paint_502414021_l.jpg

Hollywood (Pit) and Bomber (Great Dane)_769076953_m.jpg

Hugs from Cassody_769019201_l.jpg

Maverick and Goose_769076931_l.jpg

me and mini me_502414033_m.jpg

Me and my girl_2246809392_l.jpg

Merlin&Charlie_1618507460_l.jpg

merlin_1618491824_l.jpg

Merlin2_1617611203_l.jpg

Merlin3_1618502376_l.jpg

snow girl_502414027_m.jpg

watching the dogs play_2283711183_l.jpg

Watching the dogs_2283707325_l.jpg

Zeus_4932812373_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(LadyHawk @ Jul. 10 2007,09:53) Lucky, do you know what you have gotten yourself into with that Dane?
laugh.gif

We have a dane/mastiff. He's 3 now, about 140 pounds. And I really didn't think he would survive the first year of his life. Talk about a home-wrecker!! Holy CRAP!

1. Ate a softball size hole in the PLASTER wall.
2. Tore out the bottom screens of our enclosed pool. (We have since replaced it all with aluminum sheeting.
3. Ate the pool vaccum
4. Ate the pool hose.
5. Ate the venitian blinds
6. Dug pits in the backyard to lead to either hell or china.. I never wanted to investigate that closely.

But man, is he a lover. Great cuddle dog, loves attention, follows us everywhere, loves attention, loves kids, loves attention, loves to play ball in the pool, loves attention, well mannered, loves attention... oh, and did I say he loves attention?
WOW... That's quite the list of achievements!

Mine is still only 4 months old and the worst he's done has just been pooping / peeing in the house. My choc lab is very well behaved though and i'm hoping it will rub off a little... It's funny to see how much smarter the Dane is than the lab, when I throw a toy on top of his crate the lab runs inside and tries to pull the toy through the top while the Dane just reaches over and takes it from the top. It's funny to see right now but I have to start paying attention because soon he will be able to reach over the dining room table and the kitchen counters... I love my pups and I can't understand how people can raise dogs that put all of their trust into their owners and get betrayed like that "in the box". The saddest thing is seeing how the owners kill the dog that loses... breaks my heart... there's a pooch that fought with EVERYTHING he had and got all beat up and then the owner comes and instead of showing sympathy to the dog he kills him via beating or shocking them to death... It's just horrible... I can't believe it's just a misdemeaner in some states... Humans shouldn't have the right to decide what animal lives and doesnt live. We're not God!!! And the'se fuggin sons of b!tches are playing Hitler trying to make "the perfect race" of fighting pit bulls.... That's why so many people are scared of pit bulls and they're illegal in so many areas... they keep reproducing that aggressive ones that have violence in their blood.... UGH! Makes me sick to the stomach... The punishment should be waaaayyy harsher than it is right now!

Sad, but as long as losers in the world find it amusing and lucrative, it'll never end...only dog that has ever bitten me was a Pit Bull, completely unprovoked, poor display of the owner if anything, but I am afraid of Pits and always will be...

I'm a big fan of adopting pets that have been neglected or abused, if they can be an integral part of your family...best dog I had growing up was a full bred St. Bernard named Caesar. When we last could weigh him, he was 225 lbs; I am NOT kidding...his nose was the size of a fist, and his heart was gold. He was a stray in CO, beaten by anyone whose kid he followed home...we ended up taking him in and he was a huge part of our family for 11 years. Right up until his end, when you'd reach down to pet him on the head, he would cower away and rapidly blink his eyes
sad.gif
Sad to see what sticks with a dog...

My Danes were both bought from a breeder and the main reason for not adopting was simply that I didn't have everything just as the Great Dane Rescue would like, as in the tall fencing around the entire yard, stuff like that...Maggie was a sweetie, lost her over a year ago just shy of her 11th birthday, and Scooby just turned 10 but is fading fast...I'm a fan of Danes and hope to always have one or two, but it's heart break when they go
sad.gif
Seeing pics of the pups makes me want another, yet the elder years of a Dane are VERY HARD, believe me...actually, so are those middle years (both of mine bloated) and the pups aren't always a picnic either
tounge.gif
Still, gotta love 'em!

My list of stuff Maggie & Scooby did when they were pups
laugh.gif

* Chewed holes in the dining room walls and both dogs developed a taste for drywall

* Chewed up our kitchen cabinets; we still have the proof just under our bar and I don't think I'll ever fix it now

* Maggie liked when my Mustang had a car cover on it; she would lay on the hood like a cat; yep, 150 lbs on the hood of a Mustang...nice
wink.gif

* Maggie chewed a 1' x 2' hole in our brand new mattress

* They both loved to eat stuffed animals and plants

* Turned my trampoline into a dog bed; ate that protective covering that goes over the springs

* Scooby has stolen an entire pan of chicken from the stove while we weren't looking and a pizza went missing very mysteriously one evening when Mike and I left it out to cool and were outside...all that was left were some faint pawprints on the counter...he also ate my best friends sub sandwich when she ran in to get something to drink and left it on the table on our deck; that was clearly her fault LOL

I am going to miss times like this, but I guess they'll come around again one day...

sad.gif

BTW, I'm watching the video now...I can tell this is going to be upsetting...already hearing the excuses for what these losers do
mad.gif
Just sad...

Nothing but animal abuse...from injecting 'em with steroids to drugging 'em up to sharpen their teeth...

I did find it ironic that the guy's concerned about misusing steroids and hurting a dog, but still will toss 'em in the box...

These guys should be shot

VA- do you get "Drive-bys"?..

When Justice gets into the kitchen and starts nosing around he leaves huge-slobbery-gunky-spit tracks along the edge of the counter ->drive-bys.

and yes.. I'm still not watching that video...
Can't you see I'm trying to thread jack here?
laugh.gif

(LadyHawk @ Jul. 10 2007,15:15) VA- do you get "Drive-bys"?..

When Justice gets into the kitchen and starts nosing around he leaves huge-slobbery-gunky-spit tracks along the edge of the counter ->drive-bys.
We used to get 'em...Scooby's going fast girl...I don't think we'll have him past this summer
sad.gif

I miss the "back the truck up" moves both of 'em used to make on us to sit on our laps
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Jul. 10 2007,15:16)

We used to get 'em...Scooby's going fast girl...I don't think we'll have him past this summer
sad.gif

I miss the "back the truck up" moves both of 'em used to make on us to sit on our laps
laugh.gif
Oh mannnnn, I'm sorry to hear about Scooby.. Maggie was hard enough. That just sucks. Sorry VA.

(LadyHawk @ Jul. 10 2007,15:21)
(VaBusa @ Jul. 10 2007,15:16)

sad.gif

laugh.gif
Oh mannnnn, I'm sorry to hear about Scooby.. Maggie was hard enough. That just sucks. Sorry VA.
...it's just how things go...we all go sometime and as sad as it is, it is just about that time for old Scoobpaste (that's what my kids call him LOL)...he's had a wonderful life, but since losing Maggie, he's just not the same and his body is giving out with his age
sad.gif
I so miss the days when they were pups though; I find myself thinking about that more and more...breaks my heart that they grow old...

Damn, that video was just depressing...it's a crime that a very much loved breed has been turned in to something so horrible...the dogs suffer, the owners suffer...that was disturbing
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Sorry
sad.gif
I know it's a horrible video, I just wish this got more awereness... It's a real shame.

As for my dane, he's still too young to leave him running around the house unsupervised so I put him in his crate while I'm away so he doesn't get to be very bad. My lab though... he's had his share of naughtiness... I remember when I had a roommate he had this monkey stool thing and Shakes just loved it.. he would sit there and nimble at the nose... needless to say that poor monkey is still in need of major reconstructive facial surgery
smile.gif
He also chewed my laptop's power cord... that didn't last long though since he got shocked... He's never touched cables again! So I guess it was a good thing considering it could have been much worse. He also chewed all of the wooden chairs in the dining room (I think he has a thing for wood... considering everytime I let him out he nibbles on plants
smile.gif
). A sandwich also mysteriously disappeared once... and lot's of things chewed... boy.. when he was teething he was a little chewing monster... xbox controller, tv control, my riding gloves, my friends riding jacket, pens, sunglasses (including my friends $400 Oakleys!!!!) Oh, and he had quite the drinking problem back in the day (he's a recovered alcoholic)... He would go up to my friends and try and steal their beers, and he drank a full glass of Johnny Walker Black Label on the rocks!!!!!!!!!!! My roommate was very upset! lol! Pretty much any drink that was unattended he would go after... It was weird though because he wouldnt touch the food... just the alcohol.  
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
good thing is that if he had swallowed anti-freeze he wouldn't have died
smile.gif

Needless to say I spent a lot of time training him cause he was a naughty puppy. He's an awesome dog now though. He can even hold treats on his nose until I tell him to get it.. then he throws it up in the air and eats it in the air! Oh, and he also knows spanish! Usually I just open the door and let them out to do their bussiness, and when I call them back if they don't come back on the first call I start counting in spanish... A la una! a las doooooss! and they RUN back in the house...  But yeah.. dogs are awesome! Best companion a man can have...

smile.gif

all_coholic.gif

smile.gif

Thanks for posting.  While I've heard about this many times, I never realized just how bad it is  
all_coholic.gif
.  These people that advocate dog fighting should be  
guns.gif
.  I've got a dog to put in the box with these guys...his name is Tauras .357.  

It sounds like we are not the only dog lovers on the site, and we have three wonderful ones.  They are our children, in addition to our two sons and daughters.

Opal (Female English Bulldog)

Opal.jpg

Otis (Male English Bulldog)

Otis.jpg

Scottie (Male West Highland Terrier - Westie)

Scottie.jpg

Be kind to your dogs - they really are man's best friend  
super.gif

Back